Nutter Butter Chicks

My love of Nutter Butters continues …

Nutter butter chicks

I started making these little chicks last week … showed some ‘experimental versions’ to my friend Stephanie … I knew that she would give me an honest opinion.  Then I told her about my idea for Skateboarding Peeps … went home and made those instead of  the chicks!  I guess the chicks just needed a little more time to hatch ;)

This is what you will need …

002

Work on the wax paper …

1. Insert the wood stick about half way up the cookie and separate the cookie … put a small amount of melted candy … put cookie back together and let candy harden. (This step is very important … my cookies fell off the stick when I skipped this!)
  2. Dip the cookie in melted candy … tap off excess … lay on wax paper.
  3. Place 2 orange Reece’s Pieces as the feet … 2 yellow for the wings.
  4. Place 2 black sugar pearls for eyes … 1 orange Rainbow Chip for the beak.  I did use tweezers (for food only).
  5. Chill for a few minutes.

Favorite Little chick

I love chicks … do you remember these chicks from the past?

Chick marshmallow pop Marshmallow Chicks

Chick Cupcakes Chick Cupcakes

m&m's Chicks M&M’s Chicks

Maybe my love of chicks goes back to my childhood … I talked (begged and pleaded) my Grandma into getting two real chicks for my sister and I … they grew up into roosters … I would walk my young rooster up and down the street on a leash … as it got older it became very mean … we gave the roosters to the neighbor’s gardener, so they could live on a farm … at least that is what I was told and want to believe ;)

My hubby knows of this story and laughs because I walked a rooster on a leash!  He grew up in the country … I grew up in the suburbs :)

I love all of the chicks … do you have a favorite one?

♦ Remember to visit these fun parties

Gallery | This entry was posted in Easter and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Nutter Butter Chicks

1. Selena says:

Cute chicks :)))

2. Dinaz says:

Ha ha. Those are too adorable!!!! I LOVE them. I LOVE all the chicks!!!

3. Lucinda Wooton says:

These are really cute. My family might have to have a Chick Building Party over Spring Break.

4. Jennifer says:

You “crack” me up chick! Pun intended (egg, crack, hatch, chick!) My fav are the cute marshmallow chicks – but they are all A+ chicks in my book!

5. Carolyn says:

We won baby ducks at the Days of Verdugo carnival and walked them up an down the street too. :)

6. Ellen says:

I think your chicks are sooooooo cute.

7. Karene says:

Cute chicks!

8. oh those chicks make me giggle! and your rooster on a leash cracks me up! (good visual) :>D

9. Happy Easter to you Brenda! Adorable! Now I wont be able to find nutter butters here but round “bisquits” as they call them here are everywhere. Or how about an oreo, I know he will be a fat little chick… LOL

10. ColleenB. says:

Cute, cute, cute.all the way around.
    Had made some of them skateboarder bunnies (remember me mentioning church dessert auction) and used the nutter butter cookies cause wasn’t able to find the cookies you suggested. They where a Big hit. My double layer carrot cake sold for $100.00 and a doz. of them little skateboaders sold last night for $65.00. All the money raised goes to a good cause; doing missionary work in Haiti this summer.
    Thank You So Very Much 4 ALL the wonderful ideas.
    ColleenB.

11. Pingback: 40 Sweet Treats made using Nutter Butters! | MISS CANDIQUIK

12. Becky Soles says:

What did you use on chick cupcakes didn’t see it but loved them on a stick gonna use this also

13. Michele Denotter says:

These are simply adorable! My kids will love this treat! Thank for sharing! =)

14. Jen says:

These are adorable! I would like to make for Easter, where do I buy the yellow candy melts or black sugar pearls? I see online, but need to make tomorrow! :)

• Thank you Jen ;). Yellow candy melts are usually available at many craft stores or cake/candy supply store. You will probably find the pearls too … Dots of melted chocolate may also be used for eyes. Hope that helps!

15. You didn’t list Reeces Pieces under “what you will need” ;-)