My love of Nutter Butters continues and chicks are just so darn cute! Just in time for Easter … Nutter Butter Chicks!
I started making these little chicks last week … showed some ‘experimental versions’ to my friend Stephanie … I knew that she would give me an honest opinion. Then I told her about my idea for Skateboarding Peeps … went home and made those instead of the chicks! I guess the chicks just needed a little more time to hatch 😉
This is what you will need …
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Yellow Candy Melts or Chocolate (melted)
- Reese’s Pieces
- Black Sugar Pearls
- Rainbow Chip Sprinkles
- 5.5″ Wood Coffee Stirrers
- Wax Paper or Parchment
Work on the wax paper …
- Insert the wood stick about half way up the cookie and separate the cookie … add a small amount of melted candy … put cookie back together and let candy harden. (This step is very important … my cookies fell off the stick when I skipped this!)
- Dip the cookie in melted candy … tap off excess … lay on wax paper.
- Place 2 orange Reece’s Pieces as the feet … 2 yellow ones for the wings.
- Place 2 black sugar pearls for eyes … 1 orange Rainbow Chip for the beak. I did use tweezers (for food only).
- Chill for a few minutes.
I love chicks … do you remember these chicks from the past?
Maybe my love of chicks goes back to my childhood … I talked (begged and pleaded) my Grandma into getting two real chicks for my sister and I … they grew up into roosters … I would walk my young rooster up and down the street on a leash … as it got older it became very mean … we gave the roosters to the neighbor’s gardener, so they could live on a farm … at least that is what I was told and want to believe 😉
My hubby knows of this story and laughs because I walked a rooster on a leash! He grew up in the country … I grew up in the suburbs 🙂
I love all of the chicks … do you have a favorite one?
♦ Remember to visit these fun parties ♦