Good morning! Easter is just a few days away … fast, simple and easy is the way to go! This project fits the bill … another french fry box crafty project with an easy treat to make. Simply make the bunny face and add some chocolate covered Nutter Butter Bunny Ears!
Nutter Butter cookies coated in chocolate with a little pink sparkle are perfect ears for a silly bunny face. It’s been a while since I’ve made anything with Nutter Butter cookies … look what happened!
Yes, Nutter Butter Bunny Ears are Earresistible!!! I’m not going to apologize for the corny line … been waiting to use for a long time 😉
Let’s get down to business … it doesn’t matter if you make the Nutter Butter ears first or the paper bunnies. The chocolate will seal the cookies and keep them fresh. This whole project could be made several weeks in advance and assemble when ready to use. Store the finished cookie ears in cool spot in your house … not the refrigerator because moisture tends to accumulate.
To make 10 bunnies, you will need …
- 10 french fry boxes or flat paper bags (about 5″ square)
- 10 – 1/2″ pink pompoms
- 20 – 12mm or 14mm wiggle eyeballs
- black marker
- 10 cotton balls (from your bathroom)
- glue or glue gun
- shredded/crinkled paper to match
Directions … glue eyes, nose and tail in place. Use marker to draw mouth, whiskers and eyebrows or whatever you want! Add shredded paper to bunny. Paper bag option … I used decorative scissors to cut the rectangular bag down to a square.
Make 20 cookie ears … you will need …
- 20 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 pound milk/light chocolate candy coating (melted according to package directions)
- 20 sticks (I used 5-1/2″ wood coffee stir sticks)
- 1/2 cup melted pink candy coating (in a squeeze bottle or bag)
- 1/4 cup pink sanding sugar (white granulated would work fine)
- Line a tray with parchment or wax paper. Use the stick to open the cookie, dip the stick in chocolate, place on one half of cookie and put cookie together. Be sure to leave about 4″ of the stick hanging out of the cookie. Let chocolate harden.
- Dip cookie in chocolate, tap off excess chocolate (drag across bowl) and lay on prepared tray. Chill for a few minutes.
- Make sure the cookie is at room temperature, then use the pink candy to draw a thick line in the middle of the cookie.
- Immediately sprinkle pink sugar over the melted pink candy, let candy harden and tap or brush off excess sugar.
Arrange cookie ears in bunny box/bag (let the sticks form an “X”) … add more shredded paper if necessary …
The Peanut Butter Man says that the bunny on the left looks weird … my answer – good, I was going for weird … then he ate the ears!
A quick word about the tails … the craft store was out of large white pompoms … cotton balls from my bathroom worked great and they were free!
I look forward to your comments!