Good morning! Are you a morning coffee drinker? How do you take it … black, cream and sugar? My hubby likes really strong coffee … Starbucks order is … brew of the day, no room for cream. He says that I like a little coffee added to my milk (please don’t forget the sweetener!). Hey, there’s nothing wrong with a skinny vanilla latte … is there?
Today, I made a dessert for you … Irish Creme Parfaits for St. Patrick’s Day, in Irish coffee cups that normally don’t get used in my house. These cups sit in the cupboard, collecting dust (I washed them for this), just waiting to finally get used!
The cups came from a Princess House party back in the 80’s … it seemed like somebody I knew was always having a Tupperware or Princess House party and I’d always buy something. We are not really a crystal and china kind of family … love the way it looks, but never use it. I try to practice … why have it, if you don’t use it, but am guilty of keeping stuff that doesn’t get used! Since the crystal sat in the cabinet collecting dust, several years ago, I gave away almost all of it to people who do use it … except these Irish Coffee Cups, because I knew that I would use them … just didn’t realize that it would be for dessert and not coffee!
This pretty layered dessert is very similar to Eclair Cake and can be made for adults with Baileys or kiddie friendly without alcohol. If you don’t have Irish Coffee Cups sitting in your cabinet … use any clear glasses … Mason jars would be adorable! I used three graham cracker squares and about one half cup pudding mixture for each serving, creating six servings. You can adjust the recipe to make larger or smaller servings.
Irish Creme Parfaits
- 18 chocolate graham cracker squares (9 sheets)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounce) or (1 ounce if sugar-free)
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Creme (original or any flavor you choose)*
- 8 ounces heavy cream (whipped with 1/4 cup powdered sugar), divided (or 8 ounce tub Cool Whip)
- green food coloring
- 12 Ovation Irish Creme chocolate sticks
- 6 – 8 ounce glasses, cups or jars
- Whip heavy cream with sugar until stiff peaks form and put back in the refrigerator.
- Make pudding mixture … In a medium mixing bowl, whisk pudding mix, Baileys, a few drops of green coloring and milk for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream or Cool Whip, save the remaining for garnish. Optional step … Put pudding mixture into a gallon size ziptop bag, zip it up and cut a corner for easy piping.
- Break 1 graham cracker square into small pieces and place in the bottom of each glass/cup.
- Pipe or carefully spoon a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of pudding mixture on top of crumbled graham crackers.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4, then step 3 for final layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two. (The longer it sits, the softer the graham crackers)
- Remove from fridge, garnish with whipped cream and two Ovation Irish Creme sticks!
* To make an alcohol free version – Increase milk to 1-3/4 cups and omit Baileys. Add some mint flavoring if desired!
Looks pretty fancy … especially with the chocolate sticks!
I think that I may start using these pretty cups for my morning coffee. Right now this is how I roll …
I use the same polka dot mug (it has a chip on the bottom) every morning with my version of a latte … named it the poorman’s latte, microwave 1/2 mug of 1% milk, add coffee and 1 packet of Stevia … easy peasy! I am drinking a cup as I am typing … my way to start the day!
Thank you to SweetWorks for the Ovation Sticks!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦