Happy Monday! Did you have a nice weekend? We finally received some much-needed rain here in Southern California … snow in the mountains too! It’s March already and St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner. Last Friday, I shared my Rainbow Cronuts with you and promised Chocolate Pots of Gold.
Can you tell what I used? I thought that it was very appropriate that you would find a donut pot of gold at the end of a cronut rainbow 😉
These were fun to make and were very popular with everyone, especially with the kids in the neighborhood! Using store-bought donuts, chocolate and Sixlets made the project especially fast and easy!
This is what you will need …
- Mini chocolate coated donuts
- Chocolate candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- Mini marshmallows
- Gold Sixlets (1-4.5 ounce jar for about 12 pots of gold)
- Gold Disco Dust
- Melt chocolate according to package directions and place in a squeeze bottle or pastry bag. Make 4 chocolate dots (legs) on top of donut.
- Turn donut over, use a some chocolate to attach a mini marshmallow in the center of donut. Pipe a chocolate handle and a rim (do it twice if necessary) around the flat portion of the donut.
- Use melted chocolate to attach gold candy.
- Use a brush dipped in gold Disco Dust to add some more sparkle.
Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday … you may want to whip up …
an Easy King Cake!
I love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦
Thank you Dinaz 🙂
Chocolate Pots of Gold looks awesome as well as looking cute.
Thank you Anna 😉
Oh so cute – LOVE!
Thank you 🙂
Happy St. Patty’s day to you! Great little pots of gold. I thought these pots of gold were so much bigger until I read your ingredient list, like HUGE. I am glad they are just little treat bites-just perfect. Take care, BAM
Happy St. Patty’s Day to you too! Let’s clarify size … REAL pots of gold should be huge … Chocolate pots of gold should be a little smaller … don’t you agree? LOL 🙂
These are the perfect little St. Patrick’s Day treat. Pinning:)
Thank you so much Beth 🙂
These are too cute Brenda! So fun!
Thank you Trish 😉
Such adorable little pots of gold! I love that you used a mini donut as the pot! 🙂