Hello! How are you today? Did you have a nice weekend?
Last year I asked for your help with these chicks and you were very helpful! Today, I’m hoping that you will share your opinions again. May I introduce you to the chicks’ distant cousins … M&M’s Valentine Lovebirds …
I can’t decide which version is my favorite! Do they need wings to fly … tail feathers to shake or maybe both? What do you think?
Are you ready to get started? You will need …
- Peanut M&M’s in Valentine colors
- Jumbo heart sprinkles
- Candy coating/melts – yellow (I used yellow for everything … you may want coordinating Valentine colors)
- Black edible marker
- Wax or parchment paper
Now for the easy peasy instructions …
- Work on wax/parchment paper. Melt candy according to package directions – I place the melted candy in a squeeze bottle, a pastry bag or toothpick will also work. Locate the “m” on the candy.
- Place a dot (about 1/4″) of melted yellow candy on wax paper and place a M&M on melted candy, so that the “m” is facing down … place heart “tail feather” if desired. You may need to hold the M&M for a few seconds to maintain its position.
- Make a “beak” with a tiny dot with yellow candy.
- Use the edible marker to make eyes.
- Draw a wing if desired.
- Attach heart “wings” with a dot of melted candy. I used yellow candy, which is visible at certain angles … you may decide to use coordinating colors … your choice!
I love these little lovebirds😉
You know that I ♥ your opinions! What do you say … wings, tail feathers or both?
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦