Nutter Butter Pea Pods

I confess … I’m a dork.  I know that I’m dorky because my sons have told me so … more than once!  Son #2 recently confirmed this fact … after I told him about this idea …

Peas be my Valentine

I thought that I was being cute and clever … it was just my dorkiness showing, once again … so I’ve been told.

Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for dorky little sayings … isn’t it?  I can’t be the only person that believes this … just read some Valentine’s Day cards!

This is what you will need …

Nutter Butter Peas

I wanted a lighter color of green candy, so I started with white and added green until I got the color I wanted.  Ratio – 2 parts white candy to 1 part green candy …

020  021

Note – 1 pound of candy will cover about 15 cookies.

Start by working on parchment paper or waxed paper …

Nutter Butter Valentine's Day

1. Dip the Nutter Butter Cookie in melted green candy, tapping off all excess candy.  Lay on parchment.
  2. Add M&M’s and heart.  Chill for a few minutes.
  3. Use melted green candy (in squeeze bottle or pastry bag) to create “pea pod” opening … let candy harden up.
  4. Use edible marker to draw eyes and mouth on “peas”.
  5. Draw “pea” vines (green candy) on plate if desired ;)

We are like 2 peas in a pod

The good news … Son#2 is trying to come up with some different ideas using Nutter Butter cookies.  I think he is trying to save me from my own dorkiness ;)

I ♥ your comments!

P.S.  Regarding my previous project “Valentine Pretzels/Heartzels”  … I found an alternative for the Heartzels and posted the info on the Heartzels page.
KitchenFunI'm Lovin' It at TidyMom Hoosier Homemade

Gallery | This entry was posted in Valentine's Day and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Nutter Butter Pea Pods

1. Donna B. says:

These are just as cute as can be! Sorta like a light-choc-peanut-butter-crunchy-cup….. so LONG LIVE DORKINESS! lol Blessings, Donna B.

2. Oh how I love Nutter Butter edible crafts and your pea pods are absolutely adorable. I just pinned.

3. Nancy Lee says:

I AM A DORK TOO! LOVE YOUR IDEA!

4. Dinaz says:

If you are a dork, I think dorks are awesome!!! These are just too cute for words. And would work beautifully for a baby shower as well!!! Keep up the dorkiness!!!!!

5. rosa parks says:

I think that was a very cute idea and I don’t think it was dorky at all

6. Tavette says:

Thanks for mentioning how many cookies you can cover with 1 lb. chocolate. Takes the guessing out of it for us.

Dinaz mentioned using the pea pods for a Baby shower….you could sit the Nutter Butters in a vertical position and decorate them (using the technique you did to make it look like an open pod to now look like a blanket) Whala……a new baby wrapped in a blanket.

Valentines – decorate the Nutter Butters to look like a giant set of lips.

We shall await your photos (of these ideas – should you accept the challenge :) as you’re Her Majesty of the Nutter Butters.

7. Come on, Brenda, we’re parents. We’re gonna be dorky, no matter what. The question is, did the boy eat them?

8. trish says:

oh my – I really did squeal out loud! SO CUTE! I wish I had more time these days to create – I would be making these for sure – really really cute.

9. Okay, so you’re a dork…if dork means GENIUS! Seriously, these are just about the cutest things ever! I’m pinning and sharing on my Facebook page. So, so smitten!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

10. ColleenB. says:

thank you for the update on the alternative for the Heartzels.
    I also am somewhat dorky as well, cause I think these are cute and very clever. Guess we are all in good company anyway. :}
    Many ways in using nutter butter cookies: Dip and decorate into snowmen, penquins, reindeer,make into cute little puppies, cookie balls, etc.
    ColleenB.

11. BruCrew Life says:

I am dying over how cute and adorable these are!!!! Totally not dorky at all!

12. Brenda this one is so adorable, I posted it on pininterest and facebook.

13. Kathleen says:

That is the cutest idea I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing!

14. Trish Butler says:

I love dorky, but I’m also old. lol It gets better. When your a grandma and greatgrandma, they love you for your dorkiness and say, your so cute. I love the two peas in the pod. They looklike you spent hours on them, but are quite simple, my kind of craft. Thanks. Trish Butler (Motheroverkill)

15. Karene says:

They really are the cutest!

16. petit4chocolatier says:

Dorkiness is trending!! This is so over the top fabulous!! I love it :)

17. Ellen says:

These are soooo cute. Tell Son #2, you gotta love a dork. I love you guys.

18. Sue says:

I think these are just about the cutest creation with Nutter Butters ever! Your son(s) sound like mine:) I LOVE your “dorkiness”!

19. Saw these featured at Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons tonight :) I am CRAZY about them!!! I LOVE Nutter Butter treats & this is hands down the most creative one I’ve seen yet!! Brilliant & yummy! ;*) Pinning…thanks for sharing!! Congrats on the well deserved feature too! :)

~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

20. so i never really liked peas before, but THESE, they pretty much changed my mind! DORKY PEA COOKIES RULE! please make sure you tell son #2 that :)

21. Trisha says:

Man oh man these are an all favorite of mine! I just love catching up here, glad to see your awesome stuff!

22. Jen says:

Please – you are not showing your “dorkiness” – you are so creative and artistic! Thank you for sharing your gifts with the world!!

23. Pingback: 40 Sweet Treats made using Nutter Butters! | MISS CANDIQUIK