I confess … I’m a dork. I know that I’m dorky because my sons have told me so … more than once! Son #2 recently confirmed this fact … after I told him about this idea …
I thought that I was being cute and clever … it was just my dorkiness showing, once again … so I’ve been told.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for dorky little sayings … isn’t it? I can’t be the only person that believes this … just read some Valentine’s Day cards!
This is what you will need …
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Green M&M’s
- Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
- Edible black marker
- White candy melts
- Green candy melts
I wanted a lighter color of green candy, so I started with white and added green until I got the color I wanted. Ratio – 2 parts white candy to 1 part green candy …
Note – 1 pound of candy will cover about 15 cookies.
Start by working on parchment paper or waxed paper …
- Dip the Nutter Butter Cookie in melted green candy, tapping off all excess candy. Lay on parchment.
- Add M&M’s and heart. Chill for a few minutes.
- Use melted green candy (in squeeze bottle or pastry bag) to create “pea pod” opening … let candy harden up.
- Use edible marker to draw eyes and mouth on “peas”.
- Draw “pea” vines (green candy) on plate if desired