Do you make cookies for Christmas as gifts to give friends, neighbors, family or just for home? Are you like me … make plans to bake rolled out cookies, decorate with great details … reality hits … not enough time to do everything … something’s gotta give? It happens to me EVERY SINGLE YEAR! I still bake … bars, drop cookies, just not all the pretty decorated cookies that I had planned! Bars and drop cookies are great, don’t get me wrong … just want that pretty decorated cookie festive look! I have a solution … Santa and Christmas Tree Oreos … fast and easy … my favorite way of doing things!
Just a few of these Oreos will add that festive touch … dress-up any cookie plate … colorful, whimsical and a little sparkly! It’s what I call instant decorating!
The Santas and trees are Holiday Gummies that I found at Target in the $1 bin … yeah! If you can’t find these exact candies … many stores have similar ones. Any ready-made candy or icing decoration will work just fine. Ready-made decorations attached to ready-made cookies … fast and easy … that’s a win in my book!
This is what I used …
- Winter Oreos (or any Oreo)
- Holiday Gummies (or any ready-made Christmas candy)
- Reese’s Minis
- White candy melts/candy coating (melted)
- Course white sugar crystals
- Powdered sugar
- This was my first time trying to make gummy candy stand up … it doesn’t stand too well … it wants to bend and wobble! This is what worked for me … apply a little melted candy to the back of each gummy … put it in the fridge and leave it there until you are ready to mount it to the Oreo … You might say that I gave Santa a backbone 😉
- Spoon a little melted candy on one side of a Oreo and sprinkle with some sugar crystals. For the tree … place a Reese’s Mini upside-down and let white candy harden up, then use a little melted candy to attach tree, let harden up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. For Santa … stand him in the melted candy and hold until attached. Helpful hint: to help Santa stand faster … place him in melted candy, lift him a little and place back.
You are done! Easy peasy … right?
These little guys could be individually bagged up, added to any cookie plate, on a cupcake, a cake or ???
You may like these similar ones from the past …
I look forward to hearing from you!