Good Monday morning! Are you one of the fortunate people to have a three-day weekend? Did you do anything fun? We intended to go see a movie, but never made it. Have you seen the Lego Movie? If this movie was made when my boys were boys … pretty sure that they would have insisted on seeing it!
Legos have been around for a long time and I’m pretty sure that we still have a plastic storage bin of Legos somewhere in the garage! My boys really enjoyed those Legos … hours were spent building structures, Star Wars spacecraft, castles … they even had motors to propel their Lego cars! That brings me to my memories … Legos in the carpet … those tiny little pieces that hid in the carpet … until someone stepped on them with bare feet …
The photo above reminds me of our living room carpet, except we had well-worn lovely burnt orange shag carpet that was leftover from the 70’s 😉
I’m not really complaining … Duplos and Legos entertained and educated my boys for many years! When the movie came out … it was my perfect excuse to finally buy these candies that look like Legos! (I’ve seen these candies where it’s sold in bulk bins, bags at World Market and online.)
I sprinkled the candy on some yummy cookie bars made with Snicker Bites, peanut butter chips and frosted with a thin layer of chocolate frosting! These cookies are made in a 9-inch square pan … perfect size and good chewy cookie with or without candy Legos 😉 BTW, the Lego candy tastes similar to Sweet Tarts.
Snicker Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Bars
- 1-1/4 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 cup Snicker Bites, cut in half (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips (such as Reese’s)
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting (I used store-bought)
- 3/4 cup Lego type candy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9″ x 9″ square pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. (Note: skip the foil if you plan on cutting and serving right out of the pan)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar/butter mixture and beat well.
- Stir in Snickers and peanut butter chips. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Remove foil from pan and invert cookies onto serving plate, if desired.
- Place frosting in microwave for 10-20 seconds, stir well. Spread the warm frosting over cookies, use a fork to create carpet looking texture, sprinkle with Lego candy, cut and serve! Makes 16 – 2″ squares.
My kids are now in their 20’s and 30’s … Son #1 saw these Lego candies and was trying to convince me to build some sort of object with them … I just smiled. A friend told me that her hubby recently bought himself a set of Legos! Once a Lego lover … always a Lego lover 🙂
Are you a fan of Legos, Snickers, Peanut Butter Chips or Cookies?
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦