Skateboarding Bunnies … Peeps?

Did you know that Peeps are 60 years old?

They are older than me … which is why I remember getting them in my Easter basket!   I continued that tradition with my boys, but Son #3 was the only one that liked Peeps.

Speaking of Son #3 … a few days ago he asked me why I never used Vienna Finger Cookies in my blogging projects.

Son #3 (I wonder if he is reading this), this is for you …

Peep on cookie skateboard (Son #3 doesn’t like carrots, LOL)

I bet you didn’t know … that Peeps were so athletic …

Peep on Vienna Finger

So coordinated …

Peep on skateboard

And there are girl Peeps too …

girl peep on skateboard

I had so much fun making these for you … oh, I mean for Son #3.  Peeps make me happy!  Peeps make me smile!

These skateboarding Peeps were so easy and fast to make with just a few supplies …

002

Here’s the info … use the melted candy as the “glue” …

How to - Peeps on skateboards

1. Lay the Lifesaver on top of the flower sprinkle, add a little melted candy to glue it together.  Let candy harden.
  2. Put a little melted candy in 4 spots on the cookie, add wheels.  Allow to sit and let candy harden.
  3. Cut Starburst in 3 pieces, shape into a carrot, add a green daisy.
  4. Assemble using melted candy as the glue.  You may need to hold the bunny in place for a moment … Peeps aren’t known for their balancing skills  ;)

Peeps on skateboards

I look forward to your comments …

♦ I link up at these fun parties! ♦

Gallery | This entry was posted in Easter and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Skateboarding Bunnies … Peeps?

1. Way too cute! Love the Peep doing a hand stand or should I say ear stand? Pinning.

2. Trish Butler says:

ROTFLOL I Can’t express how you have made my day. I am a woman of 66 years and I used to surf and ride the first skate boards. We would take one of our skates and pull it apart and nail them to a board and we had a skate board. They weren’t the best but it got us there faster than walking. Just seeing these bunnies on skate boards
    really made me laugh. I am going to make these. Thank you so much

3. Donna B. says:

These are darling! You aren’t too far behind me in age….but Peeps have ALWAYS been an Easter staple! Hee, hee….they are really a “cult” following! Blessings, Donna B.

4. Tavette says:

Your posts ALWAYS make me smile. Surfing bunnies (perfect for those of us in S. Fla.) – only you would think of that. Skateboards for every state. Looked at those flower sprinkles yesterday – today I’ll go back and get them.

Tavette

5. My boys are big time skateboarders so they are in love with these! So cute!

6. Ellen says:

Brenda you have out done yourself again. Your ideas are soooo creative and I love them.

7. Michelle says:

So fun!!! I love peeps too and my 3 do not!!

8. These are so cute. My 11 year old son thought they were great. That is the highest praise from him.

9. Look at that!!!! 280 pins and counting. These are adorable and Brenda you are one creative little lady. Happy Easter to you.

10. ColleenB. says:

OMG. You have outdone yourself this time. These are absolutely Adorable.
    I used to eat peeps all the time but as I have gotten older, they became a bit too sweet for me but I do like to play with them :}………by stretching them out as far as possible before I have a section in each hand.
    I will be making a carrot cake for a church dessert auction coming up next week and I just may put a couple of these skateboarders on top; just for something different. Thanks for the idea.
    ColleenB.
    Texas USA

• ColleenB. says:

Maybe in place of a cake I might do cupcakes with a bunny skaterboarder as toppers.
      What you think? Would these be to large for top of cupcakes?

• Tavette says:

Hi Colleen B. I just bought my supplies yesterday and the Vienna cookies are 2 3/4″ long so the skateboarding bunnies would be too big for cupcakes.

If you sold cake slices at the auction, everyone would want a skateboarder on their slice so that would be problematic. If you sold the cake either whole or in quarters, that would be fine. Everyone would get at least one skateboarder.

Another idea is to make the skateboarders and package them to sell in sets of 4 or 6 (so people don’t buy just one to steal the idea). They’re so darn cute everyone is going to want more than one anyway (that will be what you say to buyers & it’s the truth). By selling in sets you’d make more money for the church.

Just thinking.

Tavette

• Hello Tavette, You are ‘on the ball’ ;) I agree with you … the skateboards are probably too big … could have skateboard/cupcake accidents! Great ideas about the packaging and selling :)

• Hi again Colleen, Tavette beat me to this answer … she is correct … probably to large for cupcakes and may make them topple over ;)

• Thank you Colleen :) I can’t believe that you torture Peeps … LOL. The truth is that I don’t like to eat them either, but love to look at them!

11. Kathleen Richardson says:

Those who said you’ve outdone yourself, Brenda, are absolutely right! These are pure genius. I’m off to Pinterest to add to the count. When are YOU going to get on Pinterest? It’s so easy.

12. Karene says:

Too darn cute:)

13. Dinaz says:

These made me grin from ear to ear! Love tem!!!

14. This is so cute! I have been wondering what to make for easter, and this looks like such a fun treat!

15. Megin says:

These are so stinkin’ cute!
    I’m visiting from Nifty Thrifty Sunday. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

16. Elaine Perry says:

did you know that rabbit’s can not eat carrot’s. we own a rabbit and she can not have carrot’s because it will kill her.

17. carol hamilton says:

those bunnys are so cute…they will look so cute on my table this year…hope you dont mind if i make them…all your stuff is so cute…just discovered your site tonite…love it…

18. The CUTEST Peeps treats EVER! I LOVE the skateboards~so clever! Bravo!

19. These made me laugh out loud! So creative and cute. I had to pin them ;)

20. Tavette says:

Unusual Peep Alert: Just came from Target where they not only had Peep bunnies but they had Peep HELLO KITTIES. The kitties are the same height as the Peep bunnies, but they’re sitting down (feet facing forward), They have pink outfits with pink flowers in their “hare” (pun intended). Riding a skateboard they’d be sure to tickle the fancy of little girls (as well as us not so little girls). Hello Kitty could be like a little girl just learning to skateboard (by sitting rather than standing).

Hello Kitty Pals (as they’re called) were not next to the regular Peeps so look down every Easter aisle at Target.

Can’t wait for Easter as the skateboarding Peeps are gonna be the talk of the town. Plan to put one at each place setting. For a summer party, the skateboarders would also be fun – IF we can find Peeps during the summer. Can you freeze Peeps?

Thanks again for this wonderful idea.

Tavette

• You must have Peep radar! I’ve seen many … but never Hello Kitty!

I just checked the Peeps website about freezing … all I could find was comments from people to like to eat their Peeps frozen.014 I just checked my package … it has an expiration date of October 2014!!!

I know that it has become popular for Peeps to be made for a variety of holidays … not sure about summer. We’ll just be forced to frequent candy isles in Target ;)

Happy skateboarding!

21. Pingback: Scrumptious Carrot Cake | Excited2Learn

22. Brenda says:

I am so doing these with my three year olds at daycare, they will love them!

23. Pingback: 14 Fabulicious PEEPS Recipes & Tutorials! | Do-It-Youself Fun Ideas

24. Pingback: 16 Peep Inspired Recipes | Mother's Home

25. Lizzie says:

Soooo adorable!!!! Thank you for sharing!! I will make these … The wee ones will love them!

26. Pingback: Holiday Spirit Skateboarding Bunnies - vacationlove.co.uk

27. kellycz says:

These will most definitely make an appearance on our table this Easter. Adorable!

28. Pingback: 11 Easter Peep Recipe Ideas - The Kid's Fun Review

29. Pingback: 15 Brilliant Ways to Use Peeps | Small Space Inspired

30. Jean Tav says:

Sooo cute! I need to make these for a treat for our Easter Egg Hunt. Adorable!

31. Pingback: PEEPS Recipes And Ideas - Love From The Oven

32. Instead of melted candy, I will use vanilla cake frosting. Thanks for the idea. I’m an 87 year old male.

• Hi George, I hope that when I’m 87 years old that I’ll still be doing these fun things! I do want to warn you that creamy cake frosting (like buttercream) may not hold everything together because it doesn’t harden up. If you are buying the frosting … how about a tube of cookie frosting that hardens up like royal icing? Have fun and please share your results ;)

33. Max Haley says:

Love this idea. Just right for the Easter Parties. Buy the supplies needed instead of baking then decorating, great time saver/
    Thanks.

34. Denise says:

Thank you so much for this “Awesome” idea, every Easter we have a family get together (a tradition in memory of my mother) and we have egg hunts and other minute to win it games and I also have one or two crafts for the grandkids to make & take home, this year we will be making your skateboarding peeps, I’m very excited to see how they turn out as my younger grandkids are 4, 5, and 6. Thank you again! Happy Easter 2014!

35. Linda Hagler says:

Just found your site today. Love the peeps, I would never have thought of doing something like that. Does the melted candy stay soft in the squeeze bottle to make a batch of them before it gets hard itself.

• Hi Linda … so happy that you found me ;) The melted candy stays soft for a short time. You could put it in the microwave, put the bottle in some hot water or lay it on a warm griddle … I hope that helps!

36. carol says:

they are so cute! where did you find the daisy sprinkles?