Chocolate and cherries belong together like bread and butter, toast and jam, Mickey and Minnie. I’ve made Peanut Butter Cookies without flour, but have not tried making chocolate cookies … that is, until now! I’ve seen many recipes for flourless (or gluten-free) chocolate cookies … had to give it a try.
I made these cookies for a friend that is avoiding gluten and loves chocolate with cherries. I’m not avoiding gluten and loved these cookies!
They are crispy like a meringue, chewy like a brownie, have chunks of dark chocolate and chewy dried cherries! FYI, the cherries in the photo are not real.
I reviewed about a dozen recipes for flourless chocolate cookies … many called for egg whites … what do you do with yolks, anyway? So … I played around and this is what I came up with …
Flourless Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- 3 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Nestlé)
- 1 cup dried cherries (5 ounce bag)
- 2 extra large eggs (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries. note – I did everything by hand, no mixer
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop on prepared pans. Bake 11-13 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are shiny and firm. Cool about 10 minutes on pan, remove and completely cool on racks.
I used a 1-1/8″ cookie scoop and got 4 dozen cookies about 2-1/2″ in diameter. This is a very wet and lumpy cookie dough … which resulted in few odd-shaped cookies. Here are before and after baking photos …
The shape didn’t matter to us … we ate all of them😉
I love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦