It’s November … let the holidays begin!!! Have you been to any stores in the last few days? The ones that have visited are definitely geared up for the holiday season.
Most of us have many ideas, plans and goals for the upcoming holidays. I want to share my Thanksgiving ideas with you and then move on.
Here is the first cupcake idea for Thanksgiving … my favorite Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting that I have shared before. The reasons that I chose peanut butter are …
- Peanut butter is a good turkey color
- The turkey head is made with a Nutter Butter peanut butter cookie
- My family has a love affair with peanut butter
… or …
Of course, you could make them any flavor you wish
This is what you will need … I tried to give options …
- Frosted cupcakes
- Nutter Butter Bites (small round cookies)
- Candy eyeballs
- Feathers – candy corn or indian corn (I found it in the Halloween clearance section!)
- Beaks – candy coated sunflower seeds or candy coated chips
- Gobbler – candy coated sunflower seeds or heart sprinkles
- Feet – leaf sprinkles or flower sprinkles
- A small amount of icing or melted chocolate to use as “glue”
First, place the tail feathers on your turkey cupcake body …
Now, assemble the turkey heads. Use a toothpick and a little icing to “glue” everything in place. Tweezers may be helpful. I do think they are starting to develop personality …
Place the heads on the cupcakes …
They need feet …
They do make me smile … I named this one Mr. Turkey Lurkey …
A clever idea and they have to be so yummy since they feature peanut butter!
Are you another peanut butter fan?
Of course. Are there actually people who aren’t?!
Too cute!!! thanks for making me laugh!
You know me … I can do silly 🙂
Adorable!!! Just love it!
Glad you like ’em 😉
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This is my kind of turkey and they are soooo adorably cute.
Normally, we don’t always use “cute” to describe a turkey … I like cute!
These are totally adorable!
I luv “simple” . I visited your blog … all I can say is YUM!
Pingback: Candy corn and cookie turkey peanut butter cupcakes | pokemonsilverwalkthrough.com
These are adorable! Loving the fact that my 7yr old and I could whip these out w/ some of her friends…simple, sweet and fun!
These really are a great kid activity.
Love these little turkeys! So cute! Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
Thanks … You always have cute ideas on Cupcake Tuesday.
Pingback: Tasty Peanut Butter Lover's Recipes for Kids | My Crafting Closet