A few weeks ago I showed you my newest marshmallow finds. Last night I played with the orange pumpkin ones. They can be used for so many different themes … fall, harvest, Halloween or Thanksgiving. I tied a simple name card on the stick as a place card for the Thanksgiving table … useful and edible! Here are a few ideas done my favorite way … fast and simple …
This is what I used …
- The black lines are made with an Americolor Gourmet Writer
- The green leaves are made with melted green chocolate (candy melts) & a toothpick
- The orange lines are made with melted orange chocolate (candy melts) in a squeeze bottle
- The green stem is a Sour Punch Candy
- The brown stem is made with melted peanut butter chips & a toothpick
- Pumpkin # 3 and #5 have regular white sugar sprinkled on the melted chocolate
Last week while camping, we used these for s’mores … let me just say, they make one mega s’more! These are the marshmallows that I used …
Just a reminder … some candy can be difficult to find after Halloween. Yesterday I bought the last bag of “Autumn mix” at my grocery store. It contained candy corn, indian corn and only 2 pumpkins!!! I am going to use the candy and indian corn for turkey tail feathers. I need more than 2 pumpkins for another project! As soon as I finish typing this, I am off to go candy hunting.
The moral of this story is … stock up on the candy or sprinkles that you can’t find regularly.