Good morning! I am typing this post from a hotel room … the hubby and I are on “spring break”. We are not college kids, but the parents of a college kid left at home to go to work and school while we have fun! I like this version of a spring break and highly recommend it 😉 These little pops were made the night before we skipped town. It has been a year since I made Nutter Butter Chicks … they grew up … into Nutter Butter Chickens!
While the kid is home studying … maybe he can figure out the answer to this question …
I love these little guys … or girls … easy to make and guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Here are the easy peasy instructions and stuff that you will need to make about 16 Nutter Butter Chickens …
- 1 pound white/vanilla candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 16 sticks (I used wooden coffee stirrers)
- 32 white Jordan Almonds
- 32 orange Reese’s Pieces (I found a pack of orange ones shaped like a carrot in the Easter candy at Target)
- 32 candy eyeballs
- 16 yellow candy chips (such as Wilton Rainbow Chips)
- 16 each jumbo & small red heart sprinkles
- Tweezers may be helpful!
- Melt candy coating. Line a tray with wax paper or parchment. Use the coffee stirrer to separate a Nutter Butter, use a little melted candy to attach the stirrer, put cookie back together immediately.
- Dip cookie into melted candy, tap off excess, drag bottom of cookie across the bowl’s edge to remove excess candy and place on prepared tray. Move to step 3 immediately.
- Place 2 Jordan Almonds against cookie to form wings, add 2 orange candies for feet and then add a large red heart in the top/middle as the “comb”. Note: it may be necessary to hold this still for a moment for it to stick, tweezers help! Chill to set or let sit at room temp.
- Use a dot of melted candy to attach small heart (wattle), beak and eyeballs.
My guys gave opinions …
- The Peanut Butter Man says … the chickens look like Casper (the friendly ghost) … silly man! … corrected himself rather quickly … also added that the Nutter Butter came before the chicken!
- Son #3 says … they look like cartoon chickens … smart man! … just the look I was going for 🙂
I love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦
Baby pics …