Good morning! Can you believe that Easter is just two weeks ago? I had a plan for Easter ideas that I wanted to share with you … the plan got tossed out the window while I was drying my hair the other day! I came up with a new idea … I’ll call it the “hair idea” and will share it in a few days. A Target trip was necessary for supplies for the “hair idea” … while I was
wandering the Target aisles picking up the supplies … another idea was born that I should, but won’t call the “hare idea” … Reese’s Easter Egg Bunnies …
I hope these bunnies make you smile! They are easy to make using a few store-bought candies and a little patience 😉
These are the supplies that you will need to make these Big Ear Bunnies …
- Reese’s White Peanut Butter Eggs
- Large marshmallows
- Mike & Ike candies
- White Hershey-ets
- Tiny black pearls
- SweetWorks pink pearls
- Pink sugar
- Flower Sprinkles
- White Candy Coating (such as CandiQuik) (about 1/4 cup for 6 bunnies)
- Tray lined with wax paper or parchment.
- Make the carrots … use a sharp knife to make a small cut in one end of an orange candy and insert a green flower sprinkle.
- Make ears and tails … use scissors to cut a marshmallow in half to make 2 tails and cut another one diagonally to for 2 ears (you will use 1-1/2 marshmallows per bunny)
- Dip cut edges of marshmallows in pink sugar.
- Use melted candy to attach candies in the following order … ears, nose & eyes, carrot, hands/paws.
- Attach feet/paws.
- Attach tail to backside … this will help stabilize the bunny for standing.
- If you want to make your bunny stand up … drop a small (1″) circle of melted candy on wax paper and place the bunnies body and tail on it … hold until set.
I did have one egg that was a little smooshed/cracked … tried to salvage it by covering the cracks with a tail and make a “back view bunny” … bunny tails seem to be loved by everyone!
Do you like bunny tails? I look forward to your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦
Don’t you just love when wandering around the aisles of a store can inspire you to create something so adorably cute? I personally love bunny tails and every other part of a bunny as well.
It is strange how ideas come about sometimes … the white Hershey-ets were next to the white Reese’s eggs and bunnies were born … in my head 😉
They are so cute.
Thank you Anna 😉
Oh my, how cute and simple these are – the idea is fab!
Thank you Kim 😉
Isn’t it fun to see an idea turn out so cute!?! Love it!
Thank you and it sure is fun 😉
cute! i’d like to take that shy one out for a bite…aw heck the rest can come too! heehee 🙂
Pingback: Weekly Rays of Sunshine #71 | Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa
Pingback: Easter Fun Projects | Block Party - Making the World Cuter
Pingback: Block Party: Easter Fun Projects Features - Rae Gun Ramblings