My family is laughing at me … not in a good way! It is very obvious that the guys and I don’t think alike … eye rolling is going on with the laughing … probably because of this little Peep story! It’s Easter time, Peeps and marshmallow eggs are everywhere! We have a family of Peeps living at our house! I am not an expert on Peeps, but this is what I believe to be true about The Life of Peeps …
It all began like this …
Mr. & Mrs. Peep met … fell in love … married … set up
house nest keeping … marshmallow babies eggs magically appeared in the nest … the eggs hatched … giving life to the sweetest little marshmallow chicks … they all lived happily ever after … the end! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it😉 Pssst … I know that they really ended up in Easter baskets!
Let me explain how this all makes sense to me … Peeps are soft marshmallows with a sugar-coating … these little Eggmallows are marshmallows with a sugar-coating … therefore, the two must be related! I hope you remember the Sweet and Salty Potato Stix Stacks … perfect nesting material for Peeps! Is my story making any sense? According to my family … I may be loosing it … the real question is … did I ever have it?
This is what you will need to create about 14 Peep family nests …
- 3-4 cups of Shoestring Potatoes
- 1 pound chocolate candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- Jet-Puffed Candy Eggmallows (I found them at WalMart)
- Peeps (I used the original yellow marshmallow chicks)
- Black edible marker
- Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package. Mix in about 3 cups of potatoes, drop spoonfuls on waxed paper. Use a spoon to create a nest with a well in the center. If you have extra chocolate at the bottom of the bowl, mix in some more potatoes!
- Add a marshmallow egg (or 2) to the nest and chill for a few minutes … or …
- Use the marker to draw eyes and beak on eggs and stand them up in the nest, then chill.
- (not in photo) I used a toothpick dipped in chocolate to draw a moustache on Mr. Peep and eyelashes on Mrs. Peep.
After everybody was done laughing at me for the moment and ate part of the Peep Family… this is what they had to say …
- The hubby really liked the Eggmallows (straight out of the bag) and nests! He is so easy to please😉
- Son #3 is my Peep lover. Now that he has grown up and matured, he only eats one Peep! In his words “who would have ever thought that shoestring potatoes and chocolate could taste so good!”
- My words … “Mom is always right!” When will they ever learn?
Are you a Peep lover? A sweet and salty lover? Do you believe my story? Did I ever have it? I do ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦