It only makes sense that lodging on Sugar Island would be in Tiki Huts made from candy …
Would you prefer to stay in one of those exotic fancy dancy huts that is perched above the water …
I have never stayed in a hut, have you? Do they have modern plumbing … like bathrooms?
This what you will need to build your own candy hut …
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Graham Crackers
- White Candy Coating (such as CandiQuik)
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Blue Piping Gel
- Candy flower sprinkles
- Small paint brush (food safe)
To make the Tiki Huts …
- Melt about half of the bag of PB chips in the microwave. Mine was very thick and I added some paramount crystals (you could also use vegetable oil or shortening). Place a dot of melted PB chips on one Mini PB cup (small side up).
- Place a Kiss on top of Mini PB cup, let it sit a moment to harden up.
- Use the paint brush to cover the Kiss with the melted PB chips and chill or let harden. I like the brush strokes, it creates texture!
- Smear melted white candy on graham cracker, sprinkle cinnamon/sugar, add a Tiki Hut (or 2), add a few flowers, let harden!
- Smear melted white candy on graham cracker, chill for a few minutes, smear blue piping gel, add a Tiki Hut (or 2, or 3)!
Oh … my contribution to Shark Week …
As you can see from the photo above … these are shark free waters! This is a shark free blog … as I mentioned in the past … Jaws scared me for life 😉
I always look forward to your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦