Yesterday I shared these cupcakes …
with a tutorial for making the candy birds. Today I am sharing the simple recipe for the cupcakes.
It is no secret that I like to use cake mixes … sometimes I make a few changes to them … this is one of those times! By adding buttermilk, using 4 eggs and adding extra spices, the cupcakes tasted more like a cake made from scratch.
Spiced Up Spice Cupcakes
- Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 24 paper liners in cupcake pans.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low-speed for 30 seconds, scrape sides of bowl and mix for an additional 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans. Bake for 18-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Use a disposable pastry bag fitted with a 1M tip.
I ♥ your comments!
♦ This may be shared at these great parties ♦