Now that March has arrived, I start thinking about green food for St. Patrick’s Day. Today, I whipped up some super easy cookies for you … Mint & Chip Sandwich Cookies!
When I think of green dessert, the first flavor that comes to mind … is mint.
What goes with mint … chocolate of course!
I had leftover icing/frosting in the fridge … it just made sense to use it up! Since we had Mexican for dinner … mint with chocolate was a nice way to end the meal!
These cookies are so simple to assemble … I almost felt guilty when I told the family that I “made dessert” 😉 (Please note that I said almost felt guilty)
MINT & CHIP SANDWICH COOKIES
- 1-1/2 cups white frosting
- Peppermint oil or peppermint extract (to taste)
- Leaf green gel paste food coloring
- 20 – 24 Chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate or candy melts
- edible shamrock decorations
- wax paper or parchment lined tray
- Flavor the icing with peppermint oil … the oil is very strong, start with a few drops and taste before adding more!
- Color the icing … start with a drop or two.
- Add chocolate chips to the icing and stir to combine.
- Take a chocolate wafer cookie … add a scoop of the icing mixture … place another wafer cookie on top … gently press down. Chill for a few minutes.
- Dip 1/2 of the cookie in melted chocolate and lay on prepared tray … lay shamrock decoration on melted chocolate. Chill for a few minutes and serve.
- Store cookies in an air tight container in the fridge. Makes 10 to 12 sandwich cookies.
I enjoy your comments 🙂
♦ I LINK UP AT THESE FUN PARTIES! ♦