Did you have a nice weekend? I sure did …
I had a “girls’ weekend” at my friend’s cabin in Big Bear … just the three of us girls. The three hubbys stayed home … someone had to take care of the dogs 😉
It was a little chilly … especially for Southern California …
We talked, laughed, knitted, read, shopped, rearranged pictures on the walls and ate too much food …
Of course we saved room for dessert, which brings me to these little bites of chocolate heaven …
CHOCOLATE CHERRY TRUFFLES
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup black cherry spread (or cherry jam)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- pinch of salt
- cocoa powder, chopped almonds or chocolate sprinkles
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and butter almost to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate, let sit 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth, add jam, vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Use a small scoop, for the chocolate into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in cocoa, nuts or sprinkles. Chill until firm again.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks (if they last that long, lol)
Makes about 30 truffles. recipe slightly adapted from Sugarcrafter
Helpful hint – If your cherry jam is cold, microwave for a few seconds. This will make it easier to combine with chocolate mixture.
Have you ever made truffles? If you haven’t, give it a try. I ♥ your comments!