Do you ever have one of those “why didn’t I think of that” moments?
S’mores in Cones is one those moments for me! I saw the idea somewhere (can’t remember where) and thought “I want to do that … a little different” …
I love S’mores … I hate assembling them in the dark … I love toasty marshmallows … I hate the sticky melted marshmallows all over my hands … making S’mores in chocolate lined cones has got to be the answer! Now … if I can only find an answer to fix my sentence structure😉
When we go camping, S’mores will be made … it’s a rule. After dinner, in the dark, we are trying to unwrap candy bars, open bags of graham crackers and marshmallows … things end up in the dirt! Make S’mores in the backyard … same story! I guess we are just messy people😉
Before we leave for a camping trip, I try to do as much food prep as possible at home … anything to make camping a little easier. Making the chocolate lined cones at home would ease S’mores assembly in the dark! We do have lanterns, usually not in the right places😉
It took me a long time to convince my hubby that camping can be fun … I would ask to go camping … he would answer NO! His excuse was that he did enough camping while he served in the Army. I finally convinced him that my idea of camping is nothing like what he experienced … it’s close to glamping and I do believe in restrooms with showers!
You will need …
- Sugar Ice Cream Cones
- Chocolate or candy coating (milk or dark) (1 pound should coat 12-15 cones)
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Large Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
Let’s get started …
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment. Fill an ice cream cone with melted chocolate or candy coating … use milk chocolate or dark, which ever you prefer.
- Pour the melted chocolate out of the cone … shake or tap cone to help chocolate out. You can make the chocolate layer as thin or as thick as you like.
- Dip the edge of cone in sprinkles.
- Lay on wax paper and chill for a few minutes.
Store in an airtight container until ready to use!
I use 2 marshmallows per cone … Son #3 says to use 3 marshmallows!
How many marshmallows do you use for your S’mores ?
♦ Visit these fun parties for great ideas ♦