I am so excited to be participating in the group project … Give the Gift of Gingerbread … with many talented bloggers that you may already know! I’m sure that you will find some wonderful ideas and recipes and even have the chance to win a great prize! All of the info is after the directions for my Gingerbread Project!
When you hear gingerbread, what do you think of … gingerbread cake, gingerbread boys or maybe Gingerbread Peeps? These Peeps jumped right into my grocery cart … OK, I helped a little. It was decided … they were going home with me! Within five minutes I knew the Peeps would be snowboarding and skiing … they are very athletic little guys!
I picked up the Gingerbread Peeps because of their cuteness. When I opened the package, I was surprised how good they smelled … just like gingerbread!
This is how to bring your Peeps to life and what you will need …
- Gingerbread Peeps
- White candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- White/clear coarse sugar
- Graham cracker squares
- Fruit Stripe Gum (I found it at Michael’s)
- Pretzel sticks
- Large round edible confetti
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Cut or trim graham crackers if necessary.
- Spread/smear a little candy on a cracker … I just used the back of a spoon. Let the candy sit a minute or two, but not harden up.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and let candy harden up. Shake off excess sugar and reserve for reuse.
4. Use kitchen scissors to cut Peeps apart.
5. Cut gum to shape skis (pointed end) or snowboards (rounded)
6. Make ski poles – my pretzels were a little long, so I broke about 1″ off (snacks for later), attach flat end to large sprinkle with a dot of melted white candy.
7. Attach the Peep to the graham cracker with a little melted candy … add more melted candy in the back to support the Peep if necessary.
That’s it … pretty easy, wasn’t it?
Thank you to Jill at Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons and Beth at Hungry Happenings for organizing this Gingerbread Hop and inviting me to join … I am truly honored 😉
Be sure to Hop on over to the other blogs and check out all of the fun Gingerbread projects …
2. Caramel Cocoa Egg Nog Custard Gingerbread Men by Hungry Happenings
Enter this Giveaway here…just click on the Rafflecopter link below…
Hahaha!!! They are really cute. I know some little boys that would love them (big boys too:)
Pingback: Sugar Plum Gingerbread House | MISS CANDIQUIK
How come when most of us look at Peeps – we just see Peeps? But not you – – – – oh no. You’re thinking skiing and how to make the skis and boards. Geez….. I envy your creativity. I don’t like gingerbread anything, but these are just too cute NOT to make!
Thanks for the just too cute idea.
Pingback: Gingerbread cookie cups with White Chocolate & Caramel - Creative Juice
oh how cute and funny are these? i would just HAVE to play with them before i eat them, because that’s what they’re made for right? 2 treats in one (toy = treat) heehee i’m SO happy i’ve joined you Brenda in this gingerbread fun thanks to Beth and Jill’s efforts!
Lisa, I am so happy that we are all ‘hopping’ together 🙂 I think it’s OK to play with your food!
Those are too cute!!! Makes me want to go skiing!
Thank you Kendra 😉
So very cute, my talented friend!
Thank you Kathleen, my very kind friend 🙂
My daughter loves to ski and recently tore her Achilles, maybe I’ll have to make her these skiing peeps instead! Simply adorable!!
I hope your daughter heals before the ski season is over … skiing Peeps in the meantime 😉 Thank you!
very cute! love the action shots!!
Thank you so much Michelle 😉
These are so fun! Love the action!
Thank you Hani 🙂
Pingback: Gingerbread Men Cookies as Decorations - The Bearfoot Baker
they are adorable and such cute creations
Gingerbread Peeps…..Awesome! Something that I can play with and stretch just to see how long and wide they will get before coming apart: As you know; I love playing with Peeps :}
Enjoy your day
Thank you Colleen 😉 When you said stretch the Peeps … the first thing that popped into my head was that old toy, Stretch Armstrong … do they still make him? Have fun with your Peeps!
This is the first time that I have ever heard of Gingerbread peeps. They are so cute and I love how you decorate them.
Thank you Anna 🙂 There are so many Peeps available now … I can’t keep up!
Pingback: Simple Christmas Tree Cookies
Pingback: No Gingerbread Boy & Girl Cookie Pops with a BIG Giveaway! - Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons