Do you own a donut pan?
I have had a debate going on with myself for at least five years now … I want a donut pan, I don’t need a donut pan … where will I put it, I don’t have room for one more pan … but I could “bake” donuts, I don’t need to eat donuts … I have seen so many delicious recipes, I don’t need to eat donuts … I’m sure I need this pan … last week, I finally bought a donut pan!
I didn’t bake donuts, but I used the pan! Look what I made …
Peppermint Candy Wreaths !
Can you see the layer of dark chocolate, white chocolate mixed with peppermint marshmallows and topped off with crushed candy canes! Who wouldn’t love to eat one of these?
As usual … this is a quick and easy creation. You will need … a donut pan, white chocolate (or candy melts), dark chocolate (or candy melts), mini peppermint marshmallows, candy canes and candy for bows … I recommend red licorice laces (not the candy in the photo, it didn’t work for me) …
Now for the easy peasy directions …
- Make licorice bows and set aside
- Crush candy canes
- Put a layer of melted dark chocolate in each donut cavity
- Mix melted white chocolate with marshmallows and spoon on top of dark chocolate layer
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and chill a few minutes
- Remove wreaths from pan … if they don’t come out easily, they probably need a little more chill time
- Attach a candy bow with a dot of melted white chocolate
Supplies needed to make 6 wreaths …
- 4 ounces (weight) dark chocolate
- 4 ounces (weight) white chocolate
- 1 cup peppermint mini marshmallows
- 3 candy canes
- 9 feet red (licorice type) lace candy