HOLA! Hello everyone! How are you on this fine Friday afternoon?
I am a happy camper … it’s Friday … I’m
struggling with using my new computer and I made some candy for you :)
Yesterday I made this little Cinco de Mayo treats and took photos. Last night I spent a few hours trying to navigate my way thru editing photos … no success! This morning I spent a few more hours … success, finally ;) Now I just need to remember what I did, for next time! This old dog is determined to learn a new trick or two.
We don’t really celebrate Cinco de Mayo … we just use it as an excuse to have chips, salsa and guacamole … maybe a margarita and candy sombrero!
This is another easy and quick project. You will need …
- Mini muffin pan/tin (any type will do)
- Dots candy (fruit flavored gumdrops)
- Colored candy melts (1 pound will make 24 hats)
- Melted dark chocolate candy melts (2 ounces)
- Sprinkles (candy confetti or sequins)
- Make the hat brims – spoon melted candy in mini muffin pan (just a spoonful), chill 5-10 minutes, pop out of pan (if they don’t come out easily, chill a few more minutes).
- Dip the flat side of Dot candy in melted candy and lay on top of the candy/chocolate brim, allow to sit and adhere to brim.
- Use the melted dark chocolate to draw a border around the brim and attach sprinkles (tweezers may come in handy).
Do you want to put your sombrero on a cupcake? How about this …
Simply draw moustaches on wax paper or parchment …
Start by making two dots of melted chocolate and use a toothpick to pull the chocolate to form a moustache. Chill for a minute and remove from paper!
My inspiration for this idea came from Lisa at Hoopla Palooza… she’s a crafty lady!
Here are a few more ideas from the past for your fiesta …
Savory Chicken Enchilada Cupcakes
♦ For more great ideas … visit these fun parties ♦
I ♥ YOUR COMMENTS !