Nutter Butter Bats & Other Stuff

Nutter butter bats

It is Monday night and I have one more quick and easy Halloween idea for you ;)

First let me share a revelation that I had today … blogging has turned me into a mean person dictator of the kitchen woman who says “no”  … a lot … for example …

• Don’t you dare touch those Nutter Butters, they’re for a blog project!
  • No … you cannot eat the M&M’s!
  • Leave those cookies alone!  I need to take photos!

I have now changed my tune, a little …

• You can have a cookie now … if you tell me that they look like bats :)
  • Sorry, you cannot have the M&M’s … I still need them for a Thanksgiving project  ;)

Anyway, this is what you will need … Nutter Butter cookies, M&M’s, dark chocolate (or candy melts), edible confetti, wax paper and a toothpick …

Here are the easy peasy directions (as shown in the photo above) …

• Dip the cookie in melted chocolate to create wings and place on wax paper
  • Use a toothpick to “drag” chocolate to create points on wings
  • Place an M&M (head) on the melted chocolate
  • Use the toothpick with melted chocolate to create ears, attach confetti (eyes) and then add a dot of chocolate on the eyes

P.S.  I would plan on using about one pound of chocolate per bag of cookies.

I have a very opinionated family …

• Son #2 says that they don’t look like bats :(
  • Son #3 says they look like bats (he is the smart one) :)
  • The Peanut Butter Man (hubby) says he needs to eat more cookies before he can give an opinion.  Does he actually think that I would fall for that?

What do you think … do they look like bats?  Sorry to put you in the middle of a family argument!

Gallery | This entry was posted in Halloween and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Nutter Butter Bats & Other Stuff

1. Mary says:

So cute, and yes, they look like bats!

2. TRISHA says:

these are the cutest bats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew right away what they were!!

3. Karene says:

Now I know what I’m making tomorrow:) Thanks Again!

4. cbs14 says:

Absolutely! I have Nutter Butter Cookies on hand so if I have the other ingredients I’ll be making bats tonight. Thanks for sharing!

5. Of course they look like bats. But, here I am after the fact–in other words, Halloween is gone for 2012. Aw, what the heck, I could fix them for Thanksgiving. My grandsons wouldn’t mind a bit.

6. Tavette says:

I missed Halloween 2012 also – booooo. Next year. Looks like you maybe added a bit more chocolate to the top of the wings after the first dipping dried as they look 3-D. Of course they look like bats – your kids just wanted you to make more. Great idea and love your simple techniques.

7. Brenda says:

Saw these on Pinterest & had to comment on how adorable they are!! I’ve made nutter butter ghosts & snowmen, but would’ve never thought of bats! How creative!! Thanks for sharing! Pinning & will definitely be making these in the future! :o)
    … Peeking around your blog & it’s FULL of fun stuff & awesome inspiration! Excited to have found ya this morning!!
    Your newest follower :),
    Brenda @ ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

8. love these!! I am doing a post and will link back to your fabulous idea!

9. Pingback: 40 Sweet Treats made using Nutter Butters! | MISS CANDIQUIK

10. These are totally adorable! And I think they look like bats!

11. love the bats! they definitely look like bats! and I thought nutter butters were only good for making ghosts!

12. Holy cow! These cookies not only look like bats, but are absolutely precious as well!

I’m afraid I would have to double the recipe because I know the entire family (myself included) would eat most while creating the culinary cuties!

13. Hope says:

I love this bat idea… Yes they look like bats.. Sounds like a little work but no more then making 40+ cupcakes with spiderwebs and spiders on them or the 70+ cupcakes I did last Halloween that were turned into spiders with marshmallows and m&m’s for eyes and licorice legs.. I think my family will like these way better seeing how every time I buy nutter butter cookies they fight over them.. Anyhow, thank you for the great idea.. These are super cute…

14. Laura Griffin says:

They look like bats and are adorable

15. Sheila says:

They definitely look like bats! Their totally cute!!

16. Teri Chaput says:

Adorable! And yes they do look like bats…

17. pauline says:

Yes they do and im gonna use them at halloween and please post morr ideas. For people like me. Thanks

18. Gayle says:

They definitely look like bats. And how adorable!! Can’t wait to make them for my grandsons around Halloween!!

19. A New York Guy says:

Of course they look like bats and cute ones to boot! I can not wait to try and then eat. Thank you for a great family project

20. Julie says:

Yes they look like bats. Do I get a cookie now?

21. Babs says:

These little BAT cookies could bring world peace!!! Lol look great. So simple. Thank you so much for sharing. I am addi.g them to a project I am creating for a festival in our tiny area of the world. :):)

22. Billie Quintanilla says:

Most definitely bats!! And they are brilliant! Kids of all ages, both big and small, are going to love them.

23. Linda says:

Yes they look like bats very cute idea

24. Pingback: Three Little Kittens » Falloween Pinterest Halloween Treats II

25. Kaitlyn says:

Such cute bats!! (And yes, they totally look like bats!). I’m so going to be making these this Halloween! :)

26. Steph says:

Knew they were bats immediately. Such a cute idea. Always do school parties for my grandkids. These will be on the Halloween menu this year. ( I think our families sometimes think we are a french fry short of a happy meal – but isn’t it strange how we always stay two steps ahead of them.) lol So we just keep baking and cooking to keep them happy. Thanks for the adorable idea. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

27. OMG! I am so making these for Halloween! I can’t wait! Thank you for this. They look like the perfect bats and yummy too! Happy Halloween! I will follow your blog for sure. I just love it!

28. Leslie Wood says:

Yes, they look like bats. I like these and will be a fun no fail project to do with a child.

29. Jeri says:

How could they be anything but the cutest little bats? They make me smile. I will surely make these for Halloween. Son #2 probably said they didn’t look like bats so you’d keep working to perfect them (though I don’t see how that would be possible) and make more. I sense a smart kid here, but a smarter Mama. Love your idea.

30. Karen says:

I love this idea it is something I am going to try!! YES they sure do look like bats!! :)

31. These are so cute! Such a great idea.

32. Angie says:

Just made these today. A fun craft for a day of no school and we joked that some of them looked like little devils – the ears came out more like horns. HA! It was fun – thanks for the fun and easy suggestion.

33. Donna T says:

So cute and they definitely look like bats! Love them!

34. Pingback: 25 Best Halloween Cookies - A Helicopter Mom

35. I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your awesome bats! You can see them here:

If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for an adorable project idea!

36. Pingback: 24 Cute and Yummy Halloween Treats | Not So Idle Hands

37. Jenna says:

Known as “Grandma’s Bakery” I am always on the lookout for good ideas….my sister turned me onto your site and I am more than excited to get to it….Look forward to many many good ideas and you will have my gratitude always.

38. naaaaw….they look like little flying animals with wings, pointed ears and i bet fang teeth if they could open their mouth. oh and i bet they like to hang upside down too……the truth is, i’m just BATTY over these!!!! (tell son #3 and hubby i agree with them) heehee :>D

39. Joyce says:

Very, very cute! And different! I am visiting from Lisa’s link party. I also love your blog header design – really sets the mood for the great things you do here!

40. Pingback: 40 Kid-Friendly Halloween Ideas | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor}

41. LOVE these! I’ve been working on cute treat ideas and these are awesome! I’ll let you know if I try them!

Thanks for linking up with us on #KidsintheKitchen!

42. Pingback: "Bone" Appetit! Delicious Halloween Treats

43. Thanks for sharing this great idea. Just whipped some up for my missionary son’s Halloween care package. Yours are much cuter but I tried and he wont care. Thanks again!
    Cherylann

44. Kim says:

Cute bats! But how exactly do you create those ‘ears’?

45. Esther says:

Made these for a Halloween Witch”craft” party everyone loved them… and coincidentally the craft were cute little bats! Thank you for sharing :)

46. I love these bat cookies! Simple and cute!

47. cynthia kurtz says:

I LOVE these….so cute! I think this would be a project I could do with my 11 & 14 year old granddaughters without too much frustration :) Where do you find edible confetti?

48. Pingback: Easy Halloween Snacks for Kids + Cash Giveaway! - Crafty Morning

49. Carole says:

I’m always looking for new, easy and creative holiday snack food ideas. This one is a keeper. I can’t wait to make these! I have to admit that I have a friend at work that LOVES NutterButter cookies. I was going to actually make her some first. The question is – Will I be able to resist the urge to eat more than 1 or 2?

• Hi Carole! I am so happy that you like the bats and I’m sure that your friend will like them too. Please don’t hold me responsible if you can’t resist eating the Nutter Butter cookies, LOL ;)

50. evajo says:

I know how you feel.. same here at my house…