A Cupcake Box … that’s edible!

Now that Valentine’s Day is just a few days away … I have a yummy and simple project to share with you!  By the way … this isn’t just for Valentine’s Day.  They could be used as cute party favors too!

I like to use candy melts for this project because of color variety, and if you break some cups … you can remelt and reuse the candy!

This is what you will need …

• Candy Melts (or chocolate)
  • Meringues – because they look like icing (I found them at Trader Joe’s or make your own or use something similar in shape and size)
  • Candy to fill the cups (M&Ms or ?)
  • Sprinkles or candies (for decoration)
  • Mini muffin pan
  • Mini muffin paper liners

First, place paper liners in the pan and melt the candy melts.  Put a small amount of candy in the paper cup …

Smooth the candy up the sides of the paper.  Do a thin coat and let it set up, then repeat.   I used the back of a teaspoon, but use what is good for you (small paint brush?) …

Pop it in the fridge to firm up …

If you see any thin areas, apply a little more candy.  Peel off papers …

Look at your candy cups … you did it … and it was pretty easy!  What else could you do with them?  Fill with mousse, fruit, ice cream or ?

Fill your candy cups with candy.  Are you wondering about the banana candy?  They are like Runts candy.  Remember, it’s Valentine’s Day … “I’m bananas for you”!!!  Visit Sweetology … she has a very cute little tag that you can copy!

Now the cupcakes need icing … or the boxes need lids.  Some of the meringues had broken tips, but that’s OK …

I used melted white chocolate to “glue” the candies to the meringues …

This is another suggested use for these edible boxes … feel free to use it as a hint for a Valentine’s Day gift …

Candy and bling go together so well!

I love each and every one of your comments!

Gallery | This entry was posted in cupcake, Valentine's Day and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to A Cupcake Box … that’s edible!

1. Mary Ellen Griffo says:

These are so cute-can use for anything. Hugs,ME

2. Carol says:

These are adorable! (I wish we had a Trader Joe’s here.) Love the ring idea!!

3. Sharon says:

What a great idea! I wonder if I can use silicon baking cups to reduce waste?! Worth a try :)

4. Barbara Bordynoski says:

These are cute as they can be!! What a wonderful idea for Valentine. I believe anyone would love these.

Barbara

5. ColleenB. says:

Oh, how sweet R these. They are darn cute.
    Oh, I can’t wait till Easter gets here. I will be making aruond 50 of these sweet treats.
    ColleenB.

6. ColleenB. says:

Forgot to mention that I dearly love your stand that your cupcakes are on.
    It’s adorable, especially like the way you run the ribbon through and tied with a bow. Very classy and elegant.
    ColleenB.

7. Robyn says:

gosh I thought the container was store bought, but so gorgeous and ingenious

8. bakingaddict says:

Wow this is so cute and creative. I am definitely trying these out! thanks :)

9. Pingback: Edible Cupcake Boxes « The Cupcake Blog

10. trisha says:

I think you have to be the NEATEST most SMARTEST most COOLEST most SWEETEST sweets crafter blogger person I have never met EVER in the world.

I freakin love this idea!

11. Pingback: A Cupcake Box … that’s edible! | Cupcakealicious | Scoop.it

12. FABULOUS! I’ve been trying to come up with a cute idea for my pre-schooler’s valentines. This is perfect! Thanks for sharing.

13. Sofia says:

INCREDIBLE!! They look amazing.

14. Elleln says:

They look so beautiful and would make great party favors.

15. Pingback: Edible Cupcake Boxes

16. Pingback: Edible cupcake favor boxes | Chickabug

17. chickabug says:

Hi Brenda! I posted about your AMAZING idea on my blog today: http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2012/02/edible-cupcake-favor-boxes.html

Thank you again for letting me share your tutorial! Happy Valentine’s Day! : )

Heather

18. Maite says:

Me ha encantado!
    Creo que lo pondré en práctica. Aún no sé cómo lo acabaré, pero lo haré.

19. what a genius idea :) thankyou so much for shareing this

20. Pingback: Baked with Love Kids Baking Party!

21. Pingback: Shelled Ice Cream Cupcakes Tutorial | Party Craft'n Mommy

22. minnieandmav says:

Can I ask what tip you used to get that gorgeous detail on your meringues?

23. Nancy says:

wow sooo cute, creative and looks pretty easy to make. I will try it thanks for sharing it.

24. Pingback: Edible Cupcake Boxes…too cute! - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth

25. Wow! These are so adorable! Thanks!

26. Pingback: {Whimsical Feature} Baked With Love

27. petit4chocolatier says:

I absolutely love this!!

I hope you don’t mind if I reblog your link on my reblog page?

28. cupcakecarla says:

I saw this idea last year but not in time for Valentine’s Day. I’m on it this year! Since we have no Trader Joe’s in Arkansas, I ordered mine from Miss Meringue’s online. They have lost of different sizes, flavors and colors. I ordered rainbow (pale yellow, pink and cream) and a tub of white. (I got a little greedy!) Thank you for sharing this precious idea!

29. lauraadb says:

From where does your cake stand come? I’m looking for that one for ages! :D

30. Tavette says:

These would be great for so many holidays & events. The mini cups are adorable just by themselves if meringue is not available locally. I believe I’ve seen the meringue at Publix (Florida) but I’m not sure they were big enough to cover a mini cup so will measure before purchasing. If meringue is available, I’m thinking about cutting a tiny V shape in the top of meringue with a very sharp knife so the “knob” will be wedged in – in addition to using melted candy to attach it. Meringue is quite fragile.

A jelly bean “knob” could be used for Easter or a small purchased candy flower.. Cake decorating stores sell all kinds of “sugars” (candy shapes for various occasions).

Very pretty & unique – thanks for the post.

• You are so welcome. We do think alike … I used jelly beans last year ;)

• Tavette says:

I found large meringue by Miss Meringue today at Publix (S. Florida). Clear plastic tub – 20 meringues for $5.29 – expiration date Dec. 2013 – wow. They were definitely big enough for the mini muffin cups so they’ll be perfect. Selections were, white, rainbow pastels (both of which will be great for Easter) and also Cappuccino. I’ve also seen meringue real small (about the size of a quarter) so be sure to get the big ones.

Hint: All grocery store chains do not necessarily carry the same merchanidse. If your chain store doesn’t carry a particular item – try the same store in another location. Upscale locations sometimes have more variety.

For Easter you could use green coconut in the chocolate box and then lay a few malted or chocolate Easter eggs on top. Mini muffins are pretty small so it won’t take much.

• Thank you for all the helpful info. We don’t have Publix in California, but I have found the meringues at Trader Joe’s and World Market. A friend told me that she found them at Walmart. We need to keep our eyes open … you never know what we may see :)

31. Pingback: Baked with Love! - Lynlees

32. I can’t believe I’ve not seen these! Cutest thing ever!! :)