‘Tis the season for cookies, peppermint and chocolate, too! These Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are minty, crispy and chewy like a brownie … sure to please everyone on your cookie list!
A drizzle of white chocolate and sprinkle of red nonpareils added a decorative touch to this yummy and easy to make cookie. The fact that they are gluten-free is just a bonus!
The recipe is basically the same as my Flourless Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies. This time I used mini chocolate chips and Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips … winning combination!
Check out the cookies when they first came out of the oven …
tasted great, but needed a little pizzazz … it is the holidays, after all!
That’s where the drizzle and sprinkles came into play …
yep, that’s what those cookies needed! Now they’re all dressed up and need somewhere to go … maybe a party, a neighbor’s house or just stay home with a glass of milk, cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa!
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 3 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 2 extra-large eggs or 3 large eggs (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 4 ounces white chocolate melted
- red nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and peppermint chips. note – I did everything by hand, no mixer
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop on prepared pans. Bake 11-13 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are shiny and firm. Cool about 10 minutes on pan, remove and completely cool on racks.
- Drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with nonpareils. Hint: put the melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle, disposable decorating bag or ziptop bag (with the corner snipped off). Let chocolate firm up.
Note: I used a 1″ cookie scoop and got 4 dozen cookies about 2-1/2″ in diameter. If you want to make sure there is no gluten in this recipe, be sure check the labels of all the ingredients that you use.
Family input … Hubby is not gluten free, but says these cookies (and the cherry variety) are new favorites!
Son #1 thinks the white drizzle is a nice flavor enhancer and adds more than decoration!
Son #3 is the person responsible for coming up with the idea of the drizzle and sprinkles! Could these be my boys???
I love the combination of chocolate and peppermint … cookies are a winner in my book! Last year I could not find Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips after New Year’s … think I’m going to pick up a few bags and freeze them. These cookies would be great for Valentine’s Day!
You may want to try this recipe, too …