Good Monday morning! I hope your week is off to a nice start! These butter cookies with chocolate hearts are sure to help …
I’ve seen quite a few yummy peanut butter blossoms with chocolate hearts … just wanted to change it up a little … made a butter cookie and used three different varieties of chocolate!
This is how I can tell the cookies apart …
Since I’m the only person at my house that truly loves dark chocolate, I added Sea Salt and shared them with girlfriends. That leaves the solid milk chocolate and peanut butter filled milk chocolate for my guys to
fight over share 🙂
Note: I love the way the cookies with red sugar look … next time I would use a brighter pink and lavender sugar.
Chocolate Heart Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- colored sugar for rolling
- 30-36 chocolate hearts
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment. Remove foil from chocolate hearts.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Add about half of the flour and beat well, add remaining flour and beat well.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls, cover balls with colored sugar and place on prepared baking sheets about 2″ apart.
- Bake 9-12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, immediately gently push a chocolate heart into the center of each cookie. Let sit on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Note: the chocolate may melt and become very soft and glossy, but it will hold it’s shape. Add sea salt at this point, if desired. Let cool completely and allow chocolate to firm up. Makes 30-36 cookies.
Make these Valentine cookies (sorry, don’t mean to sound so bossy) for family, friends, neighbors or that someone special … Chocolate Heart Butter Blossoms make people happy! My hubby, The Peanut Butter Man, loved them … even the ones without peanut butter!
I ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦
Thank you to SweetWorks for the chocolate hearts!