Bar desserts are one of my favorite things to bake … especially when they are cheesecake bars! Throw in some chocolate, pumpkin spice, sugar cookie crust and caramel sauce … they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I’ve shared a similar cheesecake bar recipe in the past and just made a few changes to create a new flavor. Personally, I love recipes that are versatile like that!
Baking a dessert in one pan and cutting it up into 20 individual servings sure can be a time saver this time of year. These bars can be made and stored in the fridge for several days … great to make ahead of time!
This is what you will need …
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars with Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 – 16.5 ounce tube of Sugar Cookie Dough (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 Ovation Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Break a Part
- Caramel Sauce (I used Smucker’s) & candy pumpkins for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Press dough evenly in a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Break candy a part according to package directions. You will have 20 candy sections, lay candy sections in rows (4 x 5) on sugar cookie dough.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over candy and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edge of crust is light golden brown.
- Cool completely, cut into 20 bars, refrigerate. Serve with caramel sauce.
I found that using the Break a Part candy was a nice way to add a tasty little surprise in each bar, it was so easy to do and tasted great! The entire family enjoyed these bars … especially with the caramel sauce added.
I will be sharing another version of this dessert tomorrow … please stop by and check it out 😉
Thank you to SweetWorks for supplying the Ovation Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Break a Part!
I always enjoy your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties ♦