Bar desserts are one of my favorite things to bake … especially when they are cheesecake bars! Throw in some chocolate, pumpkin spice, sugar cookie crust and caramel sauce … they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I’ve shared a similar cheesecake bar recipe in the past and just made a few changes to create a new flavor. Personally, I love recipes that are versatile like that!
Baking a dessert in one pan and cutting it up into 20 individual servings sure can be a time saver this time of year. These bars can be made and stored in the fridge for several days … great to make ahead of time!
This is what you will need …
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars with Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 – 16.5 ounce tube of Sugar Cookie Dough (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 Ovation Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Break a Part
- Caramel Sauce (I used Smucker’s) & candy pumpkins for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Press dough evenly in a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Break candy a part according to package directions. You will have 20 candy sections, lay candy sections in rows (4 x 5) on sugar cookie dough.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over candy and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edge of crust is light golden brown.
- Cool completely, cut into 20 bars, refrigerate. Serve with caramel sauce.
I found that using the Break a Part candy was a nice way to add a tasty little surprise in each bar, it was so easy to do and tasted great! The entire family enjoyed these bars … especially with the caramel sauce added.
I will be sharing another version of this dessert tomorrow … please stop by and check it out 😉
Thank you to SweetWorks for supplying the Ovation Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Break a Part!
I always enjoy your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties ♦
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars WOW, Looks so good.
Thank you for Sharing. You know that I am doing the same.
Thank you Anna, for all of your kind words ;). We all benefit from sharing!
I never hear or seen anything like ovary ion break a parts. Could I use a candy instead ( if I can find one with pumpkin in it!). Any other suggestions!
Hi Diana, I believe that the Ovation Pumpkin Spice Break a Parts are a new flavor … I remember the oranges from the past. If you can’t find a substitue candy, how about adding 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice in the cheesecake batter and pieces of a milk chocolate candy bar or chocolate chips?
Sounds like a plan. Thanks!
You got my attention when I read the word Cheesecake. :} These look fantastic.
I take it that you found the Ovation Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Break a Part at Target cause I haven’t seen them at WalMart, unless I wasn’t looking in the right place.
Can’t wait to get these made up. Thank you
Thank you Colleen 🙂 SweetWorks mailed the candy to me, but I saw them at my grocery store with the Christmas Candy! You could order the candy directly from SweetWorks also.