Where does your creativity/inspiration come from? Do you dream up ideas all on your own? Do you need guidance and directions? Are you like me … sometimes it just happens when you least expect it?
I was shopping at JoAnn’s with a friend for a plate hanger. Of course we had to look at all of the fall decorations … saw this cute wood owl …
I was drawn to this guy because he’s short, wide, has flower shaped eyes and is super simple. You know that I like simple 😉
This is what you will need …
- 1 pound Chocolate CandiQuik* (candy coating)
- 12 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 12 Paper Straws or sticks
- Daisy Sprinkles
- Orange Candy Coated Sunflower Seeds
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Black Edible Marker
- Tray covered with wax paper or parchment
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. I like to put my chocolate in a deep container for easier dipping. Marshmallows aren’t always perfectly shaped … pick the side that you want to decorate … then dip the tip of the straw in melted chocolate and insert it deep into the marshmallow. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Dip the entire marshmallow into the chocolate and tap off all excess chocolate. Set it on prepared tray.
- Add 2 mini chocolate chips for ears/horns (you can read about that here). Chill for a few minutes.
- Use a toothpick with a dot of melted chocolate to attach eyes, beak and feet to the owl.
- Use the edible marker to carefully draw eyeballs … I had to wear my glasses for this part 😉
- Draw wings if you want … use a toothpick, squeeze bottle or pastry bag and melted chocolate.
Here’s the big question …
If you recall my M&M’s Chicks, I seem to have a problem making decisions on wings 😉
Here’s the family opinions … Hubby says they are cute owls, Son #1 actually came up with the idea of adding the branch (pretzel), Son #3 wanted to know what they were supposed to be (he’s in big trouble with me)
So what do think about the wings? I love your input 🙂
* Thank you once again to Miss CandiQuik for providing the chocolate for this project!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦