I love polka dots!
All polka dots call me … by name … and I am drawn to them. The dots can be on plates, purses, note pads … it doesn’t matter … I love all polka dots!
I was very happy to make Polka Dot Brownies … they sort of happened by accident … a nice accident! While doing a little spring cleaning, I found some Reese’s Pieces (leftover from chicks) and a brownie mix …
I mixed up the brownies … spread the batter in the pan and sprinkled the candy on top and didn’t mix it in the batter … so that it wouldn’t sink to the bottom …
I was pleasantly surprised that the candy stayed on top of the brownies … creating polka dots! If you don’t have Reese’s Pieces, how about M&M’s? Wouldn’t pink M&M’s on chocolate brownies be pretty? Now I want to sort my candy by color … that means more spring cleaning.
POLKA DOT BROWNIES
- 1 brownie mix – 9″x13″ pan size (I used Duncan Hines chewy fudge brownies) and eggs, oil, water (as called for on box)
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces (plus additional for garnish)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Prepare brownies and baking pan as directed on box.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan, sprinkle 1 cup Reese’s Pieces evenly over batter.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Cool, cut and serve with ice cream. Garnish with more candy (polka dots) if desired.
This was so easy peasy … I almost feel silly sharing it 😉 As always … I ♥ your comments!
♦ This may be shared with these fun parties! ♦