Did everyone enjoy the holidays?
Did you party on New Year’s Eve?
Did you make New Year’s Resolutions?
This is what I did yesterday … cleaned out the kitchen cupboard … I found a little of this and a little of that … made a basic bar cookie and put it in the oven …
The hubby was cooking a ham on the barbeque and called me to the backyard and this is what we saw …
We live about 15 miles from the Rose Bowl … the B2 Bomber was killing time before the football game. This usually happens every New Year’s Day and we never get tired of seeing it!
We live in an old house, in an old neighborhood with old overhead wiring …
I had to get back in the kitchen so that I didn’t burn the new cookie creation. This is what a little of this and that looks like after its baked!
I guess it’s a winner … it got 6 thumbs up 🙂
CLEAN OUT THE CUPBOARD COOKIES
- 1-1/4 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping cup Mini Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup Heath English Toffee Bits
- 1/3 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″x9″ square pan.
- Put butter,vanilla and sugars in a medium mixing bowl and beat well by hand or use an electric mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and beat well.
- Spread 2/3 of cookie dough in prepared pan.
- Open up (separate) Oreo cookies and distribute evenly over cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath Bits evenly.
- Sprinkle Caramel Bits evenly.
- Drop remaining cookie dough on top, as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle almonds on top (I did 1/2 with nuts and left 1/2 plain).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
I was driving down the street and hit a traffic jam …
The peacocks wander the neighborhood … never get tired of seeing them either!
HOW WAS YOUR NEW YEAR’S DAY? I ♥ your comments 🙂