I love the nutty flavor of brown butter.
I love sweets with sea salt.
I love pecans.
I love these cookies … I hope you love them too!
They are yummy, easy peasy and made because I neeeeeeded them … OK, I wanted them.
It all started on Friday … I lost control of my computer to malware. I still can’t believe how easily those things can happen. I panicked … uninstalled some software that I thought might be the problem … it wasn’t. To make a long story short … I love the smart people at HP Tech Support, they fixed everything over the phone and made me a happy person … I wish that I knew all that techie stuff! Then I asked the hubby if we could have a tech support person live with us … he just laughed. Why would he laugh at such a reasonable request?
So these are my “comfort cookies” … I did feel comfort as I ate a few cookies … then I ate a few too many … I felt too comfortable … sorry … T.M.I. 😉
Helpful tip – the cookies tend to be crumbly right after baking … are not crumbly after cooling for several hours or the next day … although crumbly just means that you really need a napkin.
Brown Butter, Sea Salt, Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter – browned and cooled (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- Finishing Salt (or any course salt that you like)
- In a mixing bowl beat brown butter and sugar until well combined
- Mix in pecans.
- Mix in flour until well combined.
- The dough will probably be sticky. Cover and refrigerate about 30 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove dough from the fridge. Roll dough into 1″ balls and flatten slightly. Place dough on parchment lined or ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little salt on each cookie.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Makes about 36 cookies.
(Cookie dough with finishing salt)
How to brown butter
Cut butter into chunks …
Heat a large skillet or sauce pan over medium heat and add butter …
Stir frequently and cook until the butter is a wonderful golden brown color …
Remove from heat, pour into a heat proof container and let cool …
I shared these cookies with a friend … she believes that they would be a perfect tea cookie. I agree … or maybe coffee or milk or just about anything!
oh dear! These have all the necessary ingredients for survival in my book! This is great!
I could live on them 😉
I love comfort cookies. And these would be some of the best!
They work for me 😉
My mouth is watering. Even though it’s like 90 degrees here,I just might have to make them today or tomorrow.
I can’wait to try this
I hope you like them 😉
What do you use for a leavening? I don’t see any baking soda or powder in the recipe.
This recipe does not require baking soda or powder … I know it sounds a little funny, but it works 😉
I won a cookie exchange contest in Dec 2012 with this recipe. These are my favorite cookies. Very addictive. Thank you.
Thank you Michelle! That makes me happy 🙂