I love the nutty flavor of brown butter.
I love sweets with sea salt.
I love pecans.
I love these cookies … I hope you love them too!
They are yummy, easy peasy and made because I neeeeeeded them … OK, I wanted them.
It all started on Friday … I lost control of my computer to malware. I still can’t believe how easily those things can happen. I panicked … uninstalled some software that I thought might be the problem … it wasn’t. To make a long story short … I love the smart people at HP Tech Support, they fixed everything over the phone and made me a happy person … I wish that I knew all that techie stuff! Then I asked the hubby if we could have a tech support person live with us … he just laughed. Why would he laugh at such a reasonable request?
So these are my “comfort cookies” … I did feel comfort as I ate a few cookies … then I ate a few too many … I felt too comfortable … sorry … T.M.I. 😉
Helpful tip – the cookies tend to be crumbly right after baking … are not crumbly after cooling for several hours or the next day … although crumbly just means that you really need a napkin.
Brown Butter, Sea Salt, Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter – browned and cooled (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- Finishing Salt (or any course salt that you like)
- In a mixing bowl beat brown butter and sugar until well combined
- Mix in pecans.
- Mix in flour until well combined.
- The dough will probably be sticky. Cover and refrigerate about 30 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove dough from the fridge. Roll dough into 1″ balls and flatten slightly. Place dough on parchment lined or ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little salt on each cookie.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Makes about 36 cookies.
How to brown butter
Cut butter into chunks …
Heat a large skillet or sauce pan over medium heat and add butter …
Stir frequently and cook until the butter is a wonderful golden brown color …
Remove from heat, pour into a heat proof container and let cool …
I shared these cookies with a friend … she believes that they would be a perfect tea cookie. I agree … or maybe coffee or milk or just about anything!