First, let me apologize for the length of the name of this cookie … I just wanted to describe the cookie … hence the long name.
Second, I must apologize for my absence in the blogging world … we have had “projects” going on at our home. I know you can’t see me, but I’m jumping for joy … we installed a solar tube skylight in the kitchen … more natural light in the kitchen … yippee! One project completed … and only about 384 more to finish up!
Due to an old baseball injury … my hubby, the Peanut Butter Man, had ankle surgery yesterday and came home from the hospital today. He should be as good as new … or at least as good as any other 56-year-old man! I knew he would appreciate a peanut butter surprise … so, despite the heat wave that we are experiencing, I baked this morning. I also had to avoid an obstacle course in the kitchen … the Peanut Butter Man’s love …
I’m not sure if she wanted to lay on the cool tile … or was waiting for a cookie to drop … or was lonely and missed her Peanut Butter Man! I just want to know … why does she always pick a walk way to take a nap? Maybe we should change her name to “obstacle”.
During my absence, I really have been in the kitchen trying to create a few new things … I have had a few flops or let’s just say they “need improvement”. But, I am happy to say that this cookie is a winner … according to my peanut butter loving family.
Here is a photo of the cookies and the recipe … no step by step photos today. I did include a few photos after the recipe … hope they are helpful!
Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
makes about 4 dozen cookies (adapted from Nestle/Toll House)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- white sanding sugar (or granulated) for sprinkling on top
- 8 ounce bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Minis
- Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (about 1 1/4″), drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Gently press 1 mini peanut butter cup into center of cookie dough and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Let stand at least 5 minutes on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Scoop the dough, add a peanut butter cup and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
The cookies are puffy when they first come out of the oven and will flatten a little upon cooling.
this has to be the yummiest soudning cookie EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I have to admit … I’ve eaten a few 😉
is there someway to get these so they can be printed out? Thank you for all your wonderful ideas.
Definitely going on the list of things to make….we might have a slight peanut butter and chocolate addiction at this house. 🙂
Maybe we should start a support group 😉
Chocolate lovers everywhere have got to love this cookie. Glad you’ve got your new skylight. I know what it’s like to try to get really good food photos! Hope hubby recovers in record time so you can move on with your list of honey-do projects.
Thank you … we tend to be great starters of projects and sloooooow finishers 🙂
Just reading this makes my mouth water for them. I love peanut and choc together.
I forgot to mention … a glass of milk would be nice too!
I hope you main man recovers quickly. I certainly see why you needed such a long name to describe such a delicious cookie. I don’t think I could just stop after one. Take Care, BAM
We didn’t stop after one … we have issues 😉
They look yummy!
They taste yummy too 🙂
My mouth is watering just reading this! We also have an “obstacle” dog. Hope your husband is recovering well.
You must be a peanut butter and chocolate lover too! Thank you, they hubby is doing well.
YUM! I love anything PB and chocolate. The best combo. EVER. My dog is always in my way too. I hope your husband is doing okay!