The real name for this creation should be My Super Simple Easy Peasy Totally Cheater Faux King Cake.
First of all, this really isn’t a recipe … it’s more like a confession …
Yesterday was Fat Tuesday, which we (my family) really don’t celebrate … but this year I was feeling the need to participate (in a very small way) in this New Orleans tradition. Let me explain …
- Yesterday I received a text message from a friend, who’s originally from New Orleans, wishing me a Happy Mardi Gras. Later the same “friend?” let me know that they would drink a few Hurricanes in my honor.
- Monday, Liz from Hoosier Homemade made some beautiful cinnamon rolls (I am still drooling) using her bread machine. While reading her recipe, I started to regret getting rid of my bread machine.
- While grocery shopping yesterday, I decided to pick up a tube of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and make my Fake King Cake.
- Last night, I made the Fake King Cake and ate two of cinnamon rolls even though I knew they were not as good as homemade.
- Therefore, I am very happy that I gave my bread machine to a family that could use it … and I am not
makingeating cinnamon rolls on a regular basis.
So here are the directions for My Super Simple Easy Peasy Totally Cheater Faux King Cake. This is so easy that I’m just giving you the photos …