Sometimes things just happen …
This one came close to not happening!
Sunday morning, this chick was born … in my head, anyway … then things went array … life almost got in the way of its birth.
- I made and drank coffee.
- I found a puddle of honey in a kitchen cabinet … what a mess! Warning – do not turn an almost empty, tightly closed, squeeze bottle of honey upside down … it will probably leak.
- I made waffles.
- Son #3 (working on masters degree) asked the Peanut Butter Man and me to proofread a final paper on American bureaucracy! Yes, me … the person who uses terms like easy peasy and super simple!!! What was he thinking? I put on my glasses and pulled out my highlighter … like I knew what I was doing ;)
- I made macaroni salad, while the Peanut Butter Man was under the kitchen sink trying to repair the leak … it is so nice that he is a handy man! I was the plumbing assistant … as in – hold this, twist that, pass me a towel.
- I made lunch for the
plumber hubbyPeanut Butter Man.
- There was no water in the kitchen for 3 hours and the bucket is still under the sink … parts are ordered.
- Finally … about 4:00 the birth of the chick began … no eggs involved!
Let me show you how easy peasy and super simple it is to make these chicks …
You will need –
- Yellow Peanut m&m’s
- Orange candy melts, Orange candy writer or orange royal icing
- Black Edible Marker
- Wax paper or parchment
- Use melted orange candy to make a dot (base) on wax paper. Note – I used a squeeze bottle, but use whatever you have … a pastry bag, toothpick, etc. … whatever works for you ;)
- Place a peanut m&m on base and let harden.
- Use orange candy to make a beak.
- Use marker to make dot eyes.
- Use marker to draw wings, if desired.
(I made this cupcake in about 5 minutes … used whipped cream as icing … the chicks started to sink. I recommend using a buttercream icing … better option!)
Regarding the wings … I couldn’t decide … I love the chicks both ways … I want to hold them and pet them … chicks are so cute and roly poly … OK, I’ll stop now ;)
So, I conducted a very unscientific survey …
- Son #3, my sister and 2 friends vote for wings
- The Peanut Butter Man and 3 friends vote for no wings
- Son #2 says it doesn’t matter
So … Wings or No Wings … that is the question! What’s your vote?
♦ I link up at these fun parties! ♦