morning afternoon (I’ll explain later)! Are you looking forward to the weekend … big plans or a little R & R? No matter what we have planned … my hubby (aka The Peanut Butter Man) always requests homemade cookies … maybe we should change his name to Peanut Butter Cookie Monster! Today I’m sharing his favorite … Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies … my GO TO recipe!
This cookie is soft and chewy, easy to make, not too peanut buttery, has milk chocolate chips … well, we think it’s just perfect! If you like peanut butter and milk chocolate … you’ll love them too!
I found this recipe years ago (maybe pre internet days) on the back of a bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips … haven’t made any changes. I’ll just share the way we make ’em 😉
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies … my GO TO recipe
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar + a little extra for dipping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 egg
- 1 11.5 ounce bag milk chocolate chips (1-3/4 to 2 cups)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Heat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl – beat butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually beat flour mixture into wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (or melon baller) to drop dough on prepared baking sheets. Press dough down slightly with bottom of glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Let stand for 4 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
So … I started writing this in the morning with the best of intentions of getting it finished in the morning. To make a long story short … had to stop and run to a doctor appointment … car wouldn’t start … had to borrow Son #2’s car … was late to doctor … they had to “fit me in” … have a pinched nerve in neck … went home and car still wouldn’t start … jumped it and drove to dealer … now I’m sitting and waiting … thank goodness for internet available at car dealers’ waiting rooms 🙂
TOMORROW … I’ll show how I dressed these cookies up for Valentine’s Day!