Hello everybody! I am home from vacation … happy to be home, but miss vacationing and visiting with family. The supplies for these Acorns were sitting on my kitchen counter when I left home … was dying to make them, but ran out of time. While visiting my hubby’s sister in Tennessee, I bought more supplies and made them for her grandkids. The kiddos were so cute … I was taking photos for you and they were taking photos too! It was like these Sweet Simple Acorns were surrounded by paparazzi! Let me tell you why I call them the best ever … they’re sooooo simple and fast to make …
caramel, salt, chocolate and a cookie … need I say more?
So … this was a working vacation … don’t you agree with me? The hubby didn’t buy my story and laughed at me … again 😉
This is what you will need …
- Keebler Mini Fudge Stripes Cookies (100 calorie packs)(each pack contains about 12 mini cookies)
- Individual Caramel Squares (such as Kraft)
- Pretzel Sticks
- Break pretzel sticks in half (one half will be used for each acorn)
- Unwrap a caramel and use your fingers/hands to form the bottom portion of an acorn. The kiddos can help … it’s like playing with Play-Doh.
- Place a cookie (chocolate side down) on top of the caramel acorn. Insert a pretzel piece thru the hole of the cookie and into the caramel. Reshape the caramel if necessary. Easy peasy!!!
The kiddos also helped me arrange the acorns for photos. I made 12 acorns … grandma ate one before we could stop her!
Do you remember these acorns from the past …
I’m happy to be home and looking forward to your comments!