Hello everybody! I am home from vacation … happy to be home, but miss vacationing and visiting with family. The supplies for these Acorns were sitting on my kitchen counter when I left home … was dying to make them, but ran out of time. While visiting my hubby’s sister in Tennessee, I bought more supplies and made them for her grandkids. The kiddos were so cute … I was taking photos for you and they were taking photos too! It was like these Sweet Simple Acorns were surrounded by paparazzi! Let me tell you why I call them the best ever … they’re sooooo simple and fast to make …
caramel, salt, chocolate and a cookie … need I say more?
So … this was a working vacation … don’t you agree with me? The hubby didn’t buy my story and laughed at me … again 😉
This is what you will need …
- Keebler Mini Fudge Stripes Cookies (100 calorie packs)(each pack contains about 12 mini cookies)
- Individual Caramel Squares (such as Kraft)
- Pretzel Sticks
- Break pretzel sticks in half (one half will be used for each acorn)
- Unwrap a caramel and use your fingers/hands to form the bottom portion of an acorn. The kiddos can help … it’s like playing with Play-Doh.
- Place a cookie (chocolate side down) on top of the caramel acorn. Insert a pretzel piece thru the hole of the cookie and into the caramel. Reshape the caramel if necessary. Easy peasy!!!
The kiddos also helped me arrange the acorns for photos. I made 12 acorns … grandma ate one before we could stop her!
Do you remember these acorns from the past …
I’m happy to be home and looking forward to your comments!
Looks real yummy.
Thank you Ellen 🙂
Am glad you are back!!
Thank you Dinaz … glad to be back 🙂
It’s hard to decide which I like best. Looked at the ones from previous and they look pretty darn cute also! Photos of everyone in your family making them will be something they look back at years from now & enjoy all over again.
Tavette – S. Fla.
Hi Tavette! You probably know my answer … never too many acorns … make all of them 😉
Adorable…on my to do list:)
Thank you Karen 🙂 Is it a long list?
Pingback: Weekly Rays of Sunshine #101 | Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa