Thanksgiving is on Thursday and some families will also celebrate Hanukkah … Thanksgivukkah, a first in our lifetime!
This is a very simple and easy project … I didn’t buy a thing … had everything in the house and it took very little time to assemble! I bet that you have all or most of the supplies on hand too!
This is what you will need …
- Mini Muffin Pan (12 cups)
- Blue Tissue Paper (1 or 2 sheets)
- Blue Baker’s Twine
- Scissors, hole punch, double-sided tape and a ruler
- Number tags (find printable here) (I used cardstock)
- Hanukkah banner (actually a water bottle label, printable here) (I used cardstock)
- Gelt – I used 8 gold $1 coins and 8 foil wrapped chocolates (Kosher) from Sweet Works
I gathered my supplies, sat down and cut out everything while watching The Chew on TV (which is not required) … it was just that easy!
- Cut 8 pieces of twine 12″-14″ long
- Cut number tags (you will use numbers 1-8) and punch a hole
- Cut 8 pieces of tissue paper – 6″ x 6″ square
- Trim Hanukkah banner (water bottle label) to fit your muffin pan – 3 labels are on one sheet, I scored lines and folded up the sheet of paper (creating a triangle) so that one label was seen from the front of the finished product.
- Attach banner with double-sided tape (covering 4 muffin cups)
- Make 8 little pouches using one coin and one chocolate for each pouch. (If you decide to put more in each pouch, adjust size of tissue square accordingly) Place the pouches in the muffin cups.
I always love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦
Thank you to Sweet Works for the chocolate 😉