Éclair Cake … where do I begin? I have obviously have been in the dark … maybe living in a bubble or under a rock. Éclair cake or icebox cake made with graham crackers has been around for some time … but it’s a recent discovery to me!
First there was this recipe from Jocelyn at Inside BruCruew Life that caught my eye … then I found this recipe at Southern Living Magazine. I had to make an Éclair Cake!
This is the second Éclair Cake that I have made …
I will share my first Éclair Cake with you tomorrow and share some info about the differences I found … just couldn’t wait to share the Candy Corn-esque one! It’s colored like candy corn and cheesecake flavored.
Candy Corn – Halloween Éclair Cake
- 27 Graham cracker squares
- 1 box instant cheesecake pudding mix (3.4 ounce) or (1 ounce if sugar free)
- 1-3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Americolor Egg Yellow gel paste coloring
- Americolor Orange gel paste coloring
- 1-1/4 cups cream cheese icing (I used homemade)
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ pan with non stick spray. Place 9 graham cracker squares, with sides touching, in bottom of pan. (Crackers will not cover bottom completely)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk. Mix in a few drops of yellow coloring until desired color is reached. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Gently spread one half of pudding mixture over layer of graham crackers.
- Place 9 graham cracker squares on yellow pudding mixture.
- Mix in a few drops of orange coloring until desires color is reached. Spread over graham crackers.
- Place remaining 9 graham cracker square on orange pudding mixture.
- Place frosting in a microwave safe container and microwave for 20 seconds, stir and microwave again if necessary. Pour frosting over graham crackers and spread to cover.
- Chill for several hours. Cut into 9 squares. Garnish with candy corn if desired.
Have you had Éclair Cake? I ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties! ♦
Oh, I love éclair cakes! They’re so quick and easy and goooood. I never would have thought of making a candy corn-ish one, though. I’ve got it pinned and ready to go. Thank you!
I too love éclair cakes … now that I discovered them 🙂 Thanks for the pin!
Yay for the fun eclair cake! I love the candy corn colors you did! There is something about pudding and graham crackers. LOL I have another one that I am posting this weekend too 🙂
You are the reason I tried éclair cake … thank you 🙂 I’ll be looking for your new recipe!
Now this is just so creative. I love eclairs and I bet this cake is even more awesome and delicious! Nice work!
Thank you Kammie 😉 It sure is easier than making real eclairs!
Everything gets better with a candy corn on top! Love this recipe! Thank you! : )
Thank you Heather 😉 You must be a candy corn lover!
Yummy, yummy, Love anything with cream cheese. Think I will try this one. Thanks Brenda for all your great creative ideas.
Thank you Ellen 🙂 I did think of you … sugar-free pudding!
The colors are great for any autumn party, but at first I didn’t even think I’d read the recipe, not being a fan of candy corn. But….sure glad I did as there’s no candy corn involved (except for a garnish – just scrumptious cheesecake (that you colored) and cream cheese icing. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Oh yes – we love éclair cakes so this is a Halloween/Thanksgiving/harvest keeper.
Thank you Tavette 😉 Cheesecake is a winner at my house … not everyone is a candy corn lover!
Oh, my; it looks Wonderful and I bet it taste just as good as it looks.
Pass a fork please as I’m ready to dig in. :}
Thanks 4 sharing the recipe
Enjoy the weekend
Thank you Colleen 🙂 I sent the fork … did you get it? hehehe
Pingback: 25 Creative Candy Corn Recipes — A Cultivated Nest