Yesterday I was on Facebook (miracle!) … asked if it was too late to share another Easter treat … the general consensus was to do it … so I did …
The bag of Reese’s Pieces Pastel Eggs has been sitting on my kitchen counter for several days, just waiting for me to bake cookies.
I can’t tell you how many time I have been asked … “Can I open the Reese’s Pieces?”
Do I live with a bunch of candy eating kids … NO … my kids are grown up!
As I’m typing this … my hubby just got home from work … saw the cookies and asked “Can I have one?” … I laughed and gave him permission. Maybe I do live with a bunch of candy eating kids 😉
After the cookies cooled, I noticed that some of the candies cracked. I thing that’s OK … because eggs in nests do eventually crack … right?
Look what happens when they crack … chicks are born …
I apologize for showing the chicks again … I just never get tired of them!
Let’s get down to business … cookie making business …
Peanut Butter Cookie Nests with candy eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour (I use unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate sprinkles
- 1-2 (10 ounce) bags of Reese’s Pieces Pastel Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place silicone mat or parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until very soft. Add vanilla and egg, beat well. Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well blended. Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Then roll the balls in the chocolate sprinkles and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place candy eggs on cookie and gently press down (forming the nest). Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes and move to cooling rack.
- Makes about 40 cookies.
Please note: I wanted to put 3 eggs in each nest … 1 bag of candy was not enough. If you want 3 eggs … buy 2 bags of candy!
Easy peasy … don’t you think? You know how I look forward to your comments!
♦ This may be shared at these fun parties ♦