Let me start by saying … this post is just for fun! If you are a football fan, you probably have heard of Deflate Gate … the controversy involving the football game between the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. All I know is that it involves under inflated footballs. My hubby and I have had our own football controversy going on for a few weeks and I finally won! Several weeks ago, I asked for opinions about making footballs out of Nutter Butters … he was very opinionated and answered with a very quick NO … something about not being the right shape and color! Last night the table was turned … Son #3 brought up Deflate-Gate and I was encouraged to make Deflate-Gate Pops!
I just wanted to take the easy way out … put a stick in a Nutter Butter, add some laces and call it a day. Footballs are darker in color and you know how good chocolate is with peanut butter, so I dipped some!
Don’t these pops look like mis-shaped footballs … maybe under inflated footballs?
- 20 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 pound chocolate candy coating/candy melts/CandiQuik
- 1/2 cup white candy coating
- 20 sticks (such as coffee stir sticks or popsicle sticks)
- Line a tray with parchment or wax paper. Melt the candy according to package instructions. Put the white candy in a squeeze bottle or disposable pastry bag. Use a stick to separate the Nutter Butter. Use a little white melted candy to hold stick in place and cookie halves together. Let candy firm up.
- The easy peasy version … Use white candy to draw laces on the cookie football and let harden.
- Correct football color version … Dip the entire cookie in melted chocolate, tap off excess candy, drag cookie across edge of bowl (to prevent puddling) and place on prepared tray. Refrigerate until candy is hardened.
- Use white candy to draw laces and let harden.
I did a Google search today and spied these.
Deflate-Gate or not … these would be fun snacks to serve at any Super Bowl party!
Here’s more fun football food …
Are you ready for some football?
Now that’s funny. Oh, and creative too!
Thank you Beth 🙂
:} Yuppers, they sure do look like deflated footballs for sure :} I think we will seeing different varieties of deflated foods between now and Super Bowl Sunday :}
Your deflated footballs are cute and so creative.
I did have a package of nutter butter cookies in the pantry but all I found was an empty package and it’s just me and my dear hubby and I know I didn’t eat any so that only leaves 1 person who could had eaten them.
Thank you Colleen! You know … just can’t trust those hubbies! I swear they can sniff out Nutter Butters anywhere 😉
BAHAHA! i would much rather have one of these deflated footballs than the real thing anyday! 🙂
Lisa, I agree 🙂