Good morning! A few days ago I
warned told you that more XOXO pretzel ideas would be coming! Well, I’m on a roll and got a big bag of pretzels to use. This idea came about while I was making the Snack Mix for Valentine’s Day and another idea popped into my head while I was making these XOXO Hugs & Kisses … Pretzels + Rolos!
You have made the little sandwiches out of pretzels and Rolos before … haven’t you? They are so easy to make and taste pretty dang good … crunchy pretzels with salt, milk chocolate and gooey caramel … one of my favorite flavor combos!
I used the same Tic Tack Toe pretzels from Target that I used in the Snack Mix. Click here for all the info.
The adorable lip and heart candies are the icing on the cake … sorry, the decoration on the Rolos 😉
Hugs & Kisses Pretzels would make excellent gifts! I used the long cello bags that are normally used for pretzel rods …
These packs are being delivered to a few girlfriends at coffee this morning. They’ll taste great with a nice hot latte or cup of tea!
This is what you will need …
XOXO Hugs & Kisses … Pretzels + Rolos
- 1 package (11 ounces) Hershey’s Rolo candies (approximately 50)
- 100 pretzels (50 X’s and 50 O’s)
- 50 Lip or Heart Candies/Sprinkles
- Unwrap/remove foil from Rolo candies. Sort out whole pretzels (broken ones make great snacks), 50 X’s and 50 O’s. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Arrange X pretzels on prepared baking sheet and top with a Rolo. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes … just until candy is soft and slightly melted.
- Remove from oven and top each Rolo with an O pretzel, press down slightly.
- Add a Lip or Heart candy to the center of each O, press down slightly. Let cool until chocolate hardens or pop them in the fridge for a few minutes (be sure that the baking pan is cooled).
I gotta to go now … need to shower and get some clothes on before I meet my friends for coffee and bring them an early Valentine’s Day treat!
Do you like pretzels with Rolo candies?