Have you been to Mardi Gras? I’ve never been … heck, I’ve never been to New Orleans or Louisiana! Someday, hopefully soon, I’m going to visit New Orleans! However, the hubby and I are going to our first Mardi Gras party … right here in California. There will be great food, good friends, lots of laughter … even a Hurricane or two! It’s guaranteed to be fun 😉
So keeping in my first’s mode … put together my first candy buffet! Since I don’t own any of those pretty apothecary jars … used what I had …
Barware was my solution … it all started with a Hurricane (signature cocktail of New Orleans) glass! I borrowed the beads and masks from my friend that is throwing the Mardi Gras party.
Let me give you a closer and fun peek …
- I know that wines are supposed to be served in certain glasses … don’t think that the same rules apply to gumballs!
- Yes, I’ll pour you a tall glass of chocolate balls (wrapped in pretty colored foil)!
- There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned break-a-part especially when it’s Key Lime flavored (Louisiana and Florida are almost neighbors)!
- OK … we have all heard of shots of alcohol, Jello shots, even shots of frosting … I ask why not Sixlets shots? Small shot glass make excellent small servings! The bottle is some random one that I saved, probably from salad dressing.
- Beads, beads, beads … it’s all about the beads!
- Masks are everywhere … not sure why … maybe people want to stay anonymous?
- Milk Chocolate Wine/Champagne bottle … it’s always a good year for chocolate!
- Hurricane glasses filled with more Sixlets … never enough chocolate!
I hope you enjoyed my first Candy Buffet!
Thank you to SweetWorks for the candy!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties! ♦