I confess … I’m a dork. I know that I’m dorky because my sons have told me so … more than once! Son #2 recently confirmed this fact … after I told him about this idea …
I thought that I was being cute and clever … it was just my dorkiness showing, once again … so I’ve been told.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for dorky little sayings … isn’t it? I can’t be the only person that believes this … just read some Valentine’s Day cards!
This is what you will need …
I wanted a lighter color of green candy, so I started with white and added green until I got the color I wanted. Ratio – 2 parts white candy to 1 part green candy …
Note – 1 pound of candy will cover about 15 cookies.
Start by working on parchment paper or waxed paper …
- Dip the Nutter Butter Cookie in melted green candy, tapping off all excess candy. Lay on parchment.
- Add M&M’s and heart. Chill for a few minutes.
- Use melted green candy (in squeeze bottle or pastry bag) to create “pea pod” opening … let candy harden up.
- Use edible marker to draw eyes and mouth on “peas”.
- Draw “pea” vines (green candy) on plate if desired 😉
The good news … Son#2 is trying to come up with some different ideas using Nutter Butter cookies. I think he is trying to save me from my own dorkiness 😉
I ♥ your comments!
P.S. Regarding my previous project “Valentine Pretzels/Heartzels” … I found an alternative for the Heartzels and posted the info on the Heartzels page.