Is it fall yet? Are we there yet?
So many stores have Fall/Halloween merchandise and candy on their shelves … fall must be around the corner!
I have found so many great recipes featuring apples and pumpkin on the internet and in magazines! I could bake forever and not get thru everything that I want to ;)
To make a long story short … I am sharing a recipe that falls in the “semi-homemade” category. I was shopping and found this boxed mix on such a good sale, that I had to buy it and try it …
However, I made the addition of a nutty filling and it was a hit. Pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans … some of the things that make me swoon!
This bundt cake … whenever I hear bundt cake, I can’t help but think of the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” … am I alone? Whether you call it a bundt cake or bunnnttt cake, it’s easy to make, easy to serve and freezes beautifully!
Nutty Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Kit (56.1 oz.) plus the ingredients listed on mix (eggs, oil, water)
FILLING INGREDIENTS -
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grease & flour a 12 cup bundt pan (I use a spray that contains flour). Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl prepare pumpkin batter according to directions on box. Set aside.
- In a small mixing combine all filling ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pumpkin batter in prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle filling mixture over batter and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan. Use icing packet according to directions on box.
I’m telling you … this was easy peasy and tasted like fall … perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!
Now … I have good new and bad news … the good news is that I went to Target without responsible adult supervision … I need help resisting temptation … look what I found …
The bad news … it’s only bad news for the hubby … I won’t let him open the candy ;)
I look forward to your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties ♦