HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I have a treat for you today … no tricks. Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Pumpkin Spice M&M’s!
Let me tell you … these cookies are a treat! I finally made pudding cookies … seen them everywhere … kept talking about them … so happy that I made them!
These cookies are soft, moist and double chocolate … what’s not to love? Oh, don’t forget the Pumpkin Spice M&M’s, they add crunch and a wonderful spice flavor! These M&M’s are a Target exclusive item (I’ve also seen them on Amazon, eBay and Etsy).
In past years, I’ve had a difficult time finding autumn themed candy after Halloween … the shelves are filled with Christmas candy immediately! A few days ago, I saw candy canes at Wal-Mart … yikes! I am going to stock up on things that I may need for Thanksgiving … maybe it will be on clearance ;)
Let’s get down to cookie making. Here are a few things that you will need in addition to the normal flour, butter, etc. …
Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Pumpkin Spice M&M’s
adapted from Kraft Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package Instant Chocolate Pudding (3.9 ounce)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup flour (I used unbleached)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag M&M’s Pumpkin Spice (9.9 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350° F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add dry pudding mix and beat well.
- Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda, mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour until well blended.
- Add mini chocolate chips and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough on prepared pans, 2″ apart.
- Place 3 – 4 M&M’s on each cookie and press down lightly. (I used 3 on each cookie, had some candy leftover as seen in the photos)
- Bake 10-13 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks. Cool completely. Makes 42 cookies.
I will be making pudding cookies again … the flavor combinations are endless!
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!
A few weeks ago, the hubby and I went to a movie theatre to see Captain Phillips. The hubby wanted to arrive at 6:30pm … I wasn’t ready … arrived at 7:00 … the 7:20 showing was sold-out … got tickets to the 9:20 showing … went shopping to kill time … found nothing for me … found something for you instead! So … you can thank the popularity of Tom Hanks for this giveaway …
This is my treat to one lucky reader … a few fall things … two dish towels, a silicone spatula and leaf doilies ;)
To enter the giveaway, share your favorite fall flavor combo, in the comments section below. Do you like pumpkin and chocolate, cinnamon and nutmeg, cranberry and turkey … or just say “Hi”!
The Rules: One entry person. Deadline to enter is Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn using Random.org and announced on this page Monday, November 4. I will also send the winner an email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. This giveaway is now over.
This giveaway is sponsored by me!
Monday, November 4, 2013 … Random.org selected #18 … Amy Orvin!!! Congratulations Amy! I hope you enjoy your prize :) (I will be sending you an email to get your mailing info, please respond ASAP)
BTW … I loved reading all of the comments … great flavor combos … I agree with each and every one!