It’s May … graduation ceremonies and parties are being planned.
So today I made some happy face graduates :)
All graduates are happy … right? They will be even happier if you give them a pop made with an Oreo, chocolate marshmallow and dipped in chocolate!
Check out the striped sticks … do you remember the coffee stirrers and paper straws from my shopping finds?
I flattened the straws and inserted the wood stir sticks … it was a nice tight fit …
I cut some straws in half … the long straws were only flattened half way. Leave about 1″ or 2″ of the stick outside of the straw to insert in cookie. (I tried flattening the straws and inserting them in the cookies … I broke every cookie I tried :( … then had to eat the broken cookies :) )
These happy grads are yellow because I’m a traditionalist and believe happy faces should be yellow … Have a Nice Day :) You can use whatever color makes you happy ;)
This is what you will need …
- 20 Double Stuf Oreo cookies
- 20 Chocolate Brownie Marshmallows (or any Stackers)
- 1 pound melted yellow candy melts
- 1 pound melted dark chocolate or candy melts
- 20 sticks
- Something to stand your pops in (like styrofoam) (I used a short glass filled with rice)
- Prepare sticks in straws if desired.
- Dip tip of stick in melted yellow candy and insert in cookie filling, let sit for a few minutes to firm up.
- Dip cookie in yellow candy, tap off all excess candy, add a marshmallow, allow to sit at room temperature or chill for a few minutes to firm up.
- Dip marshmallow and a small amount of cookie in melted dark chocolate to form hat/cap, allow to sit again.
- Use dark chocolate to make eyes and mouth. I used a squeeze bottle … use what’s best for you (toothpick, pastry bag, etc.)
Happy helpful hint of the day - I usually use an electric griddle/skillet to melt my chocolate. Place the cookies on the griddle/skillet for a few minutes to soften the icing. This is just an alternative to the microwave hint from last week.
I look forward to your comments!
♦ Please remember to visit these fun parties, you’ll find lots of cute stuff ♦