Good Monday morning!
Did everyone enjoy their weekend? My weekend was slightly hot … like triple digit hot. Today, I am looking forward to a cool down temp of 96°F !!!
Here is a last minute review because July 4th is just a few days away!
Easy Party Favors
Blast from the past …
Marshmallow decorated straws
Sweet Hamburger Cupcakes
I love this …
Oreo Flag from The Pink Flour
For a few more ideas visit my Pinterest page!
I ♥ your comments!
Today is officially the first day of summer … yippee!!!
I have said before and I’m sure that I’ll say it again … where does the time go? There are not enough hours in the day. My To Do list is way too long … everyday stuff, crafty things that I want to do, gardening that needs to be done, not to mention blogging and how far I’m behind visiting other blogs … always playing catch-up!
Are you hosting a 4th of July party or attending one? Either way, these sweet and easy party favors are sure to be appreciated …
These mini versions of my Licorice Flag happened by accident … a good kind of accident. I like Red Vines, but my favorite is the Jumbo Red Twists version … that is what I bought first. I wanted to use the Jumbos for the flag, but when I laid out 13 Jumbo licorice I discovered the proportions were wrong :( I
ran drove back to the store and bought the thinner size Red Vines. I made the flag … looked at the Jumbos … thought about eating them, OK I would share … came up with this idea and saved myself a belly ache :)
This is what you will need to make 5 to 6 mini flag favors …
- 8 ounces of Vanilla CandiQuik (or white candy coating) *
- 3 ounces of blue candy coating *
- white non-pareils (or any white sprinkles)
- 8 ounce package of Red Vines Jumbo Red Twists (or any red licorice)
* You will have leftover candy coating, but need the larger amount for easy dipping.
For step by step directions refer to the Licorice Flag.
I confess, today I say yippee for summer … when it’s over 100° … I’ll be wishing for fall to arrive!
I ♥ your comments !
♦ This may be shared at these fun parties … stop by and visit for more ideas ♦
Recently, I was trying to dream up something to make for the 4th of July … I was frustrated … my brain wasn’t working, again!
When I least expected it … and stopped thinking, this came to mind …
The flag could be served just the way it is or maybe to decorate the top of a cake, Rice Kripsie Treats, brownies, etc.
This project also gave me the opportunity to use CandiQuik for the first time. (Miss CandiQuik was so kind to send me some a few weeks ago.) I was very pleased with the Vanilla CandiQuik, it has a nice flavor, was easy to melt and comes in its own melting tray … perfect for dipping licorice!
This is what you will need to make one flag …
- 8 ounces melted Vanilla CandiQuik (you will have some left)
- 5 ounce pack Red Vines (or 13 vines)
- 4 ounces melted blue candy melts (or color CandiQuik with oil based or powder coloring)
- White non-pareils (or other sprinkles for stars)
- A tray lined with wax paper or parchment
- Work on prepared tray. Mark 7 pieces of licorice at 3-1/2″ (each licorice piece is about 8″ long). This is a guide for dipping the blue candy.
- Dip the licorice in melted blue candy, shake off excess candy, lay on prepared tray, add a few white sprinkles, chill for a few minutes.
- Take 3 of the blue dipped pieces of licorice and dip in white candy, tap off excess, lay on tray, chill. Dip 3 pieces of plain licorice in white candy, tap off excess, chill.
- No matter how hard you to try, sometimes a little puddle of excess candy forms. After the candy has hardened, use a paring or small knife to trim it up :)
♦ This may be shared with these fun parties ♦
I look forward to your comments !