Hello y’all ;). I’m on vacation and feeling guilty that I haven’t posted in some time. We had vacations plans … things had to be changed … left five days earlier than planned. My kitchen counter was left covered with half-finished projects and supplies for more projects. Please accept my apology for my absence … things will be changing!
I’ve been in Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana visiting family and sightseeing. A few days ago we stayed with extended family in Rutledge, Tennessee and met Bessie …
she says “Hello y’all” :) Bessie and the rest of the herd are the neighbors of Jim and Christine … nice neighbors!
I just wanted to check in with everybody and say that I’ll be posting soon!
I ♥ your comments!
Halloween will be here in just three days! Are you prepared?
We usually get 100-200 Trick-or-Treaters each year. I brought 22 bags of candy home from the store and hid them … I know that if a bag gets opened up, it will disappear ;)
Today, I am sharing a few quick and easy treats that have one thing in common … peanut butter!
I made these Nutter Butter bats last year and they are my most popular treat this year!
Happy Zombie-ween! Celebrate with Nutter Butter Zombie Eyeballs!
I love these Peanut Butter Cup Brooms (courtesy of Hershey’s)! Thank you to Colleen B. (a reader) … she was thinking of my peanut butter lovin’ hubby and sent me the info … so sweet!
Nutter Butter Acorns are so easy to make … this is the “2012 Acorn” … possibly my favorite acorn!
My first acorn … a version that I’ve seen done so many different ways … can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!
Hope you enjoyed these peanut butter treats :)
Éclair Cake … where do I begin? I have obviously have been in the dark … maybe living in a bubble or under a rock. Éclair cake or icebox cake made with graham crackers has been around for some time … but it’s a recent discovery to me!
First there was this recipe from Jocelyn at Inside BruCruew Life that caught my eye … then I found this recipe at Southern Living Magazine. I had to make an Éclair Cake!
This is the second Éclair Cake that I have made …
I will share my first Éclair Cake with you tomorrow and share some info about the differences I found … just couldn’t wait to share the Candy Corn-esque one! It’s colored like candy corn and cheesecake flavored.
Candy Corn – Halloween Éclair Cake
- 27 Graham cracker squares
- 1 box instant cheesecake pudding mix (3.4 ounce) or (1 ounce if sugar free)
- 1-3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Americolor Egg Yellow gel paste coloring
- Americolor Orange gel paste coloring
- 1-1/4 cups cream cheese icing (I used homemade)
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ pan with non stick spray. Place 9 graham cracker squares, with sides touching, in bottom of pan. (Crackers will not cover bottom completely)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk. Mix in a few drops of yellow coloring until desired color is reached. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Gently spread one half of pudding mixture over layer of graham crackers.
- Place 9 graham cracker squares on yellow pudding mixture.
- Mix in a few drops of orange coloring until desires color is reached. Spread over graham crackers.
- Place remaining 9 graham cracker square on orange pudding mixture.
- Place frosting in a microwave safe container and microwave for 20 seconds, stir and microwave again if necessary. Pour frosting over graham crackers and spread to cover.
- Chill for several hours. Cut into 9 squares. Garnish with candy corn if desired.
Have you had Éclair Cake? I ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties! ♦
I have had some shopping luck lately that I would like to share with you!
I believe that we should share info … make our lives a little easier … find all the stuff that we “need” ;)
Here are some of my recent finds …
Blue – Home Goods
Pink – JoAnns
Multi – Target
Baker’s Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
99¢ Only Store – One pound for 99¢ !!!
Lemon Meringue – Walmart – made by CampFire
Chocolate Brownie – Target – made by Kraft
Wood Coffee Stirrers
Smart & Final – 500 for about $3.00 – I have used these instead of lollipop sticks. I’m pretty sure that Starbucks won’t mind if you “borrow” a few extra stirrers … but I don’t want to take advantage ;)
Kitchen labels and chalkboard labels – Target $1 bin
Have you found something that you would like to share?
How are you today?
Are you still on a sugar high from Easter?
Are you ready to fit into a swimsuit? OK, how about capris?
I have noticed several ‘skinny’ dessert recipes circulating lately and intend to try them.
I was grocery shopping a few days ago and found some beautiful strawberries … had this ice cream in my freezer … had the almonds too, they add a nice crunch!
This idea was buried in the back of my mind … something that I like to make when berries are in season. I can’t tell you exactly where I first saw this idea … probably Weight Watchers. This is more of assembly directions, rather than a recipe!
This is all that you will need …
- 1 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (I used vanilla)
- Fresh strawberries
- Sliced almonds
- Slice the strawberries and the ice cream sandwich
- Separate the ice cream sandwich, cover each piece in strawberries and almonds
Perfect skinny dessert for two!
Change it up … use a different flavor Skinny Cow … use mixed berries or any fresh fruit … chopped walnuts?
I ♥ your comments :)
♦ This may be linked to these fun parties! ♦
Happy Easter to you and your family …
from Brenda and family ♥